Development of a group of folks interested in RC UAV's and Quadrotors

Christopher Barber

Dec 4, 2013, 10:26:26 AM12/4/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I would like to start getting together with anyone interested or having any background in developing RC drones using the APM 2.0 and other platforms.  I have almost an entire setup for doing long range Front-Point-of-View (FPV).  Please hit me up via email crb...@gmail.com

I currently have these two aircraft to start developing with.

1. Easystar

2. MQ-9 Reaper

Cheers,
Christopher Barber

randy.t...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2013, 11:55:56 AM12/4/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I am definitely interested. I have experience with RC planes and have been flying them for years. I am interested in developing an autonomous sailplane model capable of finding and centering in thermals to gain altitude and travel along programmed waypoints. I would also like to have a high definition video recording of the flight.

John Reskusich

Dec 4, 2013, 12:06:56 PM12/4/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

i am interested.

Christopher Barber

Dec 4, 2013, 1:13:17 PM12/4/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Great! Let see how many more people want to join in on the fun then decide on a time and date to meet and develop and outline of building a solid foundation of getting basic FPV tele-op flying accomplished then moving to tele-op/autonomous flight.  Once this is accomplished we will have a sold platform to do advanced projects like remote sensing and flock/formation flying.

-Christopher