Chili Cooks Needed for Fire & Ice - Challenge the rest with your best chili recipe!

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jan 17, 2014, 11:15:43 PM1/17/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Calling all Chili Cooks who think their chili has what it takes!

We need you to volunteer to make a batch of your best chili recipe.

Fire and Ice is January 25, 2014.  ~This is only one week away folks!~

One of you will be crowned the 2014 Chili Champion (with a cash prize for the top three winners).

The competition has been fierce in previous years, so get your best game on in the kitchen.

The winner will be the cook with the most votes. $1.00 = 1 vote.

Once your family, friends, and co-workers taste your special chili, they should want to vote for you.

This is a fundraiser, so please do not be shy about collecting votes, even from people who cannot attend.

The competition will be limited to 25 cooks, who will bring their chili in a crock pot with a ladle by 6:30 pm.

More information will follow, but for now, please sign up at the above link. If you have trouble logging in there, leave a message for me here.

Vegetarian chilis will ,be much loved, as we did not have any last year.

- If you don't wish to cook a pot of chili, perhaps you know a would be chili chef who does? Please pass this info along to them!

- Perhaps you know a restaurant or caterer who would donate a pot of their chili for the advertising during the event?  (Of course, you could cheat and call it your own! Nobody would know!)

- Don't forget! Cooking a pot of chili for Fire & Ice does count as a portion of your volunteer time for Arch Reactor!

Chris Weiss

Jan 17, 2014, 11:17:07 PM1/17/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
is there a $5 entry fee again this year?

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jan 17, 2014, 11:43:45 PM1/17/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes there is. The $5 entry fee is the prize money pool for the top three winners.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jan 22, 2014, 12:24:18 AM1/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm only showing five people signed up to make chili for the Fire & Ice event. This is one of the easiest ways to volunteer to help with the event. Just make a pot of your chili, drop it off as you come in the door and pick up your crock pot before you leave. We do not need the individual cooks to stand by their chili's all night serving them (although there are spots to volunteer to do so).  if you would just like to make or buy some chili for the event, but do not wish to enter the contest, you have that option as well.  I'm concerned that with only 5 pots of chili, there will not be enough to even make a dent in those who are attending.

Also, please promote the Fire & Ice event this week through your social media channels. Twiiter, Facebook, Google +, friends, family, etc.

Gene

Aaron Ward

Jan 23, 2014, 10:11:10 AM1/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Challenge Accepted.

As for using this forum and trying to reply; this about sums it up:

Chris Weiss

Jan 23, 2014, 10:19:39 AM1/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Aaron Ward <ward.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As for using this forum and trying to reply; this about sums it up:
> http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

just enable email and then you can just reply to the email.

Chris Weiss

Jan 23, 2014, 1:19:00 PM1/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
and chili volunteers are still needed too.

and door and greeters.

ROB K

Jan 23, 2014, 1:28:30 PM1/23/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com