Android Thermostat

BlackTalon

Oct 18, 2012, 8:46:40 AM10/18/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I was talking to Andrew about this Tuesday night and I thought it might be something more of us would be interested in.

John Reskusich

Oct 18, 2012, 8:58:55 AM10/18/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

That's awesome.  A little pricey.

On Oct 18, 2012 7:46 AM, "BlackTalon" <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was talking to Andrew about this Tuesday night and I thought it might be something more of us would be interested in.

Chris Weiss

Oct 18, 2012, 9:45:29 AM10/18/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it'll also only work with most systems. it's a good start though.

I do have plans to do something similar, but instead of using a phone
for the interface I have a small touch screen that's I'll control with
an atmega328 and have the majority of the logic on a beaglebone (rpi
could be used too), including the logging and graphing so i don't have
to depend on an outside service or have full PC running to run the OSS
software.

Where mine gets complicated is that I have a 2 stage heat pump with 3
speed fan. Their design is a good start for this too. I also think I
can use triacs instead of relays since the hvac system uses 24V AC
power, should reduce cost some.