Using the Laser soon

fle...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 1:59:34 PM11/28/18
to Arch Reactor
I haven't been in as a member for a while, but I need to use the laser again! Is there anyone who will be there to let me in soon-ish? I have weekdays before 3 mostly, and fridays/saturdays fully usually. and Sunday afternoons I can work with. I will be signing up for that month membership again, so I am not just trying to get in for free. I have used the laser before (in the old building if the software and hardware is the same) So I already learned that.

I am Dan Wiggins, in case any of you remember names for that long. Thanks in advance for responding if you do.

Myles Farrell

Nov 28, 2018, 2:26:51 PM11/28/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately both lasers are currently down with component failures. We are in the process of diagnosing and repairing them.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:59 PM <fle...@gmail.com> wrote:
I haven't been in as a member for a while, but I need to use the laser again! Is there anyone who will be there to let me in soon-ish? I have weekdays before 3 mostly, and fridays/saturdays fully usually. and Sunday afternoons I can work with. I will be signing up for that month membership again, so I am not just trying to get in for free. I have used the laser before (in the old building if the software and hardware is the same) So I already learned that.

I am Dan Wiggins, in case any of you remember names for that long. Thanks in advance for responding if you do.

Daniel Wiggins

Nov 28, 2018, 4:28:33 PM11/28/18
to Arch Reactor
Oh man, Are those repairs months away, or should I seek other places that have lasers then? Thanks for the update.

Nathan Schrenk

Nov 29, 2018, 11:30:54 AM11/29/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I don't have an exact timeline for the repairs. I am not directly involved in the repairs, but if I had to guess, I'd estimate that the small laser cutter would be operational within a week and the large laser cutter would be operational within 3 weeks. But again, those are my guesses and might be wildly wrong.

The members who are volunteering their time to fix both laser cutters (different folks working on each) requested the board to approve expenditures for replacement parts, and the board approved those expenditures at last night's board meeting. My understanding is that the replacement parts for the small laser cutter have already been ordered and shipped and we're awaiting them, and that the parts for the large laser cutter were not yet ordered as of yesterday since the person who would do that was waiting on the board to approve the expenditure.

Nathan

Daniel Wiggins

Nov 29, 2018, 2:11:57 PM11/29/18
to Arch Reactor
Thank you for the quick responses. Those both fit in my timeline!