Have you used a table-saw? Here is why you should wear safety goggles.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jun 16, 2015, 1:07:24 PM6/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
This is from a YouTube channel that I subscribe to.

https://youtu.be/Cb9JWKkD5-I

The man in this video is extremely blessed to have not lost or injured his eye from this table saw injury. Instead the wood caught him in the nose, only an an inch or less from his eye.

A part of the video is graphic, but they give you plenty of warning before showing the injury and the stitches afterwards.

Let this be all the warning that you need to be careful using the power tools in our shop. Even with safety gear on, the chance of an injury is high if you aren't using the tool in the proper way.

As one commenter put it, think about how difficult it would be to do what you are currently doing while you are blind.

Chris Weiss

Jun 16, 2015, 1:17:34 PM6/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I was once showing someone how to use the table saw in the shop and as
I was explaining why you stand to the side and making a cut, the cut
finished and the smaller part shot across the shop into the storage
area. perfect timing! be aware of table saw use while your just in
the shop too