Stuff That Is Available

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Mar 24, 2016, 2:54:39 PM3/24/16
to Arch Reactor
The opposite thread "Stuff that is Wanted" tends to be busy enough on its own. I'm proposing that we split that up with this thread for any Stuff That Is Available.

I will readily admit that this will help me as I'm doing some spring cleaning this year and am about to have a few things to offer up.

I think this will help to keep the clutter down on the donation shelves at the new space, as some things could find a home before they are even dropped off. If they are dropped off, a post here will alert members that the item is now on the donation shelves.

EschewObfuscation

Mar 24, 2016, 6:57:38 PM3/24/16
to Arch Reactor
This is not a bad idea.

Some time back I proposed a "virtual tool bin", whereby people could list tools they would be willing to bring in if someone had a need. That proposal went nowhere. This is the same, but for donations. Perhaps this one will fly.

Gene Jordan

Mar 24, 2016, 7:39:26 PM3/24/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

For most small items, the donation shelves work really well. It's the larger items that can clutter up the space quickly. I saw several before and during the move.

1) I would like to sugest an internal model closer to that of free-cycle for items that are too large to fit a certain size tub or when a large number of small items are available.

2) I would also suggest getting several of that size tub for the donation shelves that the smaller stuff can go into for better organization and month of receipt assignment.

Gene

On Mar 24, 2016 5:57 PM, "EschewObfuscation" <google...@mailfilter.33mail.com> wrote:
This is not a bad idea.

Some time back I proposed a "virtual tool bin", whereby people could list tools they would be willing to bring in if someone had a need. That proposal went nowhere. This is the same, but for donations. Perhaps this one will fly.

Amberly Brown

Mar 25, 2016, 8:53:44 AM3/25/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If we go with bins, can I please suggest we spend the extra funds for CLEAR totes? That way we don't have to dig through every inch of the box to see what is inside. I am watching the "spring cleaning" sales for a few of these for myself, and would happily donate 1 or 2 to the space.

Amberly

Gene Jordan

Mar 25, 2016, 9:02:52 AM3/25/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That's a great idea Amberly! I can donate a couple clear tubs as well.

nfolken

Mar 25, 2016, 2:09:39 PM3/25/16
to Arch Reactor
Clear bins are a good idea. Lets keep an eye out for some. As for an internal tool or donation list, we should try to find some kind of database we can easily integrate with our website. Stuff gets so easily buried in this mailing list

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Mar 26, 2016, 9:59:38 PM3/26/16
to Arch Reactor
Having one thread for Stuff That is Available and a second thread for Stuff That is Wanted should help to clear up much of what has been easily buried in the past on the mailing list, at least until something else is implemented on the website.

Frank Kallal

Mar 30, 2016, 6:25:49 PM3/30/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a Samsung  CLX-3170 Laser color Printer.  It was bought as a Business printer but has started putting a single Multicolor line on each sheet in a random area.  It Prints Fine Otherwise.  It is networkable and the Toner levels are half or fuller.   it prints fast and is a Solid Printer, but doesn't work for what i need it for anymore.  I paid 3 - 400'ish for it several years ago.

If the space needs / wants it, i can donate it.

If not I'll likely list it on craigs list or something for a small fee.

if not claimed by the 4th I'll go online :)

Frank

Amberly Brown

Apr 4, 2016, 1:20:08 PM4/4/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Clear bins with latching lids, 66 liter (about 18 gallon) are on sale at target this week for $5.99. I bought 2 for the space, will try to get them up there sometime this week (not Tuesday, I have to vote and another club is meeting all the way down at Cliff Cave).

Amberly

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 1:09 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
Clear bins are a good idea. Lets keep an eye out for some. As for an internal tool or donation list, we should try to find some kind of database we can easily integrate with our website. Stuff gets so easily buried in this mailing list

Derek Sigler

Apr 6, 2016, 2:01:20 PM4/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I have a 1/2 barrel keg that needs to go.  Would make a good brew kettle for someone.  Also, have a 1/4.  Free. Let me know.

BeerKegs.jpg

Frank Kallal

Apr 6, 2016, 2:03:30 PM4/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Derek

so I've long wanted to start Brewing Rootbeer..   I haven't taken the time to Learn anything about it...  Would this be something i might make use of if i was to go that route?

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 1:01 PM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I have a 1/2 barrel keg that needs to go.  Would make a good brew kettle for someone.  Also, have a 1/4.  Free. Let me know.

Derek Sigler

Apr 6, 2016, 2:08:41 PM4/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  Take a recipicating saw (w/ ear plugs) to the top.  Cut out a circle and put it on top a turkey fryer.  Works great.  Also, Hans said he had a plasma cutter which could make it much smoother.    Not sure of any use for the 1/4.  Probably should just recycle it.

Myles Farrell

Apr 6, 2016, 2:17:02 PM4/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Frank, If you don't claim the keg let me know. I know Sam was desperately looking for one and that he doesn't read the boards. I'll pass it along if you decide you don't want it.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Yes.  Take a recipicating saw (w/ ear plugs) to the top.  Cut out a circle and put it on top a turkey fryer.  Works great.  Also, Hans said he had a plasma cutter which could make it much smoother.    Not sure of any use for the 1/4.  Probably should just recycle it.

Frank Kallal

Apr 6, 2016, 2:20:32 PM4/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
let Sam Have it...  my plans are very much "this is something i wanna do"  and have been in that state for years LOL  so waiting won't hurt me at all..  besides he made my Printrbot work :)

frank

Amberly Brown

Apr 6, 2016, 3:26:49 PM4/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If no one else wants it, I have a brewing friend who can happily use the 1/4 keg. I could probably talk him into filling it with home made root beer or ginger beer for the opening house in return...

YIS,

Amberly

Jim S

Apr 10, 2016, 1:43:21 PM4/10/16
to Arch Reactor
I have an aluminum yard bench that has a broken leg.  Was thinking of trying to cast a replacement but don't think it's worth the effort.  If someone wants to melt it down for another project I could bring it in.  I'm not sure what sort of alloy it is so it may not be suitable for casting...  Any way to tell if it's usable?

Frank Kallal

Apr 10, 2016, 2:27:32 PM4/10/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

A couple things up at my mother's.. Couple big wheels from mower's beds.  And an air compressor tank minus the compressor motor.

I can bring them down if anyone needs them

On Apr 10, 2016 12:43 PM, "Jim S" <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an aluminum yard bench that has a broken leg.  Was thinking of trying to cast a replacement but don't think it's worth the effort.  If someone wants to melt it down for another project I could bring it in.  I'm not sure what sort of alloy it is so it may not be suitable for casting...  Any way to tell if it's usable?

20160410_110308.jpg
20160410_110355.jpg

Robert Kleeschulte

Apr 10, 2016, 7:21:54 PM4/10/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The compressor tank would be good as a inline tank.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/CAKdXHfqkwCkvOfMsY75AyR2UKvnmBMzt3fACsUyOKkYBa_4GZQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

annbo...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2016, 10:34:48 AM4/11/16
to Arch Reactor
Hi Frank,
Do you still have this printer? We might be interested in it for Lab:Revolution.
Ann

Bob S.

Apr 13, 2016, 7:31:53 PM4/13/16
to Arch Reactor
Yea, I could use the tank if its still available.  I need a bit more air storage...

-Bob

Frank Kallal

Apr 14, 2016, 12:48:49 AM4/14/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Bob / Robert

I will Grab the tank and bring it to the space, you'll can Figure out who wants it :)  I'll have it there on the 30th.

Ann

I do.  I don't forsee getting down your way in the near future.  I can Bring it to the Space on the 30th as well, if you wanna drive up to visit :)  I'll be be Running a board game day all day that day, so you are welcome to come and play as well.

jimski...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2016, 5:05:42 PM4/17/16
to Arch Reactor
Does the space need a display case? I have one 4' wide and 3' high that might work good for posting stuff. If it doesn't find a home it's going to Goodwill.

Here's a pic:

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/JimS27/media/MISC/DisplayCase.jpg.html

jimski...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2016, 5:19:23 PM4/17/16
to Arch Reactor
Someone sent me an email about the bench but I can't seem to find it. Here is a link to a picture. If someone want's it I can bring it to the space. Otherwise it's going to the curb and someone will probably pick it up.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/JimS27/media/MISC/Chair.jpg.html

Ann Boes

Apr 17, 2016, 7:00:22 PM4/17/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you won't be using the display case at Arch Reactor, we could use it at Lab:Revolution our youth makerspace in Farmington. Donations to our space are tax deductible.
Ann

Myles Farrell

Apr 17, 2016, 7:23:15 PM4/17/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'll take the bench

On Apr 17, 2016 4:19 PM, <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
Someone sent me an email about the bench but I can't seem to find it.  Here is a link to a picture.  If someone want's it I can bring it to the space.  Otherwise it's going to the curb and someone will probably pick it up.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/JimS27/media/MISC/Chair.jpg.html

fredspartan104

Apr 19, 2016, 11:25:21 AM4/19/16
to Arch Reactor
I have an old IBM xseries 335 server with two 74GB hdd if anyone is interested.

-Fred

Chris Weiss

Apr 19, 2016, 4:54:54 PM4/19/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
that's a nice space heater.  sadly, the netburst arch and serverworks chipset make it useless for virtualization, and really it's not much more powerful than a Pi3.  it's also old enough that it's not very good for teaching server management.

Brad Tissi

Apr 20, 2016, 11:20:29 AM4/20/16
to Arch Reactor
The Crestwood OfficeMax is closing and still had quite a bit left when we visited this last week. The prices on electronics were still higher than amazon at the time, but they drop prices each Thursday.

The CopyMax side has a lot of decent slatboard (stronger than pegboard) with the metal inserts in the slats that's currently on the walls. I've made an offer of $10/piece if they can figure out how they can be removed and the manager pretty receptive at the time. This may get shot down, but they have my number and there's a good amount there.

If they agree or we negotiate to something reasonable, this is a great deal for what's normally $60-100.

Each piece is somewhere around 4'Hx6'W just from eyeball measurements.

Amberly Brown

Apr 20, 2016, 12:27:05 PM4/20/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Someone posted a while back about a 1/4 pony keg...I misplaced the email. I would like to pick up the keg if it is still available...

Thanks,

Amberly

Frank Kallal

Apr 20, 2016, 12:39:37 PM4/20/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
"Someone posted a while back about a 1/4 pony keg...I misplaced the email. I would like to pick up the keg if it is still available..."

Travis Megee

Apr 20, 2016, 1:37:20 PM4/20/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I believe both were at one point sitting behind the building against the wall.

Travis

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Amberly Brown <amb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Someone posted a while back about a 1/4 pony keg...I misplaced the email. I would like to pick up the keg if it is still available...

Thanks,

Amberly

Amberly Brown

Apr 20, 2016, 1:38:41 PM4/20/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks, I'll try to get by and check this week.

Amberly

annbo...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2016, 8:57:40 PM4/26/16
to Arch Reactor
Thanks Frank!
I'll try to get there on Saturday. Game day sounds fun.
Ann

jimski...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 11:17:41 PM5/8/16
to Arch Reactor
It's been a while since I got to the space. I will be there Tuesday for the 3d printer class and will drop it off.

fredspartan104

May 29, 2016, 3:12:34 PM5/29/16
to Arch Reactor, jimski...@gmail.com
I have a cable modem (Motorola surfboard SB6121) , 9 sticks of samsung server ram (M393B5170EH1-CF8), and a projector ( Infocus LP350).  I no longer need them and woulds like for them to get used instead of stored in my house.

-Fred

Tom Blevins

May 31, 2016, 7:18:51 PM5/31/16
to Arch Reactor
I would like the projector. I am around let me know when and I'll try to meet you.

Brad Tissi

Jun 2, 2016, 2:02:16 PM6/2/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Do we need one for the space still? We will eventually have both a classroom and a general area that could potentially use one each.

Nathan Schrenk

Jun 2, 2016, 5:07:47 PM6/2/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know we have zero projectors for the space. This projector would be useful. Do we have a screen?

Nathan

Diane

Jun 2, 2016, 5:11:30 PM6/2/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We have at least one very nice projector and one very large screen.   I think I saw a second projector in a box recently but am not sure how well it works.   The screen is currently set up in the space.

Diane  <*>

Myles Farrell

Jun 2, 2016, 5:40:05 PM6/2/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

We have 2. We have a new one that was bought with the boeing grant that will get mounted to the ceiling again eventually. Then the one it replaced is still around and was working when it was taken down

Robert Satchell

Jun 2, 2016, 6:09:37 PM6/2/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
In addition to the portable screen, we should also have the screen material that was taken down from Jefferson (was what we used there)

Chris Weiss

Jun 2, 2016, 6:36:34 PM6/2/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
the screen that's up now is the one from JU

EschewObfuscation

Jun 2, 2016, 6:44:40 PM6/2/16
to Arch Reactor
I've done brief research on the Infocus LP350, and be advised they have a reputation for exploding bulbs, short bulb life, and poor manufacturer support. So if whatever we bought new is suitable, that's likely the better choice for AR use; the Infocus is probably better for hobby/personal use by someone willing to tinker with it and accept limited MTBF.

nfolken

Jun 3, 2016, 3:58:43 PM6/3/16
to Arch Reactor, jimski...@gmail.com
I would like to see a 2nd projector in the space for the Lab area. The LP would probably be nicer than the old one the Boeing grant replaced. There is another surfboard modem already at the space, but I don't know the model, and I'm not sure what Travis' plans are for the internet buildout.

Brad Tissi

Jun 19, 2016, 5:00:57 PM6/19/16
to Arch Reactor
I have a 100 lbs vertical, older propane tank with the old inside threads that no one will refill that's up for grabs.

Someone mentioned wanting something similar for a vacuum tank.

I'm told that its still good, but I don't know since I have no reason/means to test it.

Myles Farrell

Jun 19, 2016, 5:03:02 PM6/19/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I have the perfect use for that in the shop if you want to bring it in.

Brad Tissi

Jun 19, 2016, 8:56:19 PM6/19/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Sold, I'm not sure when I'll be in next, but I'll message you when it's there.

On Jun 19, 2016 4:03 PM, "Myles Farrell" <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have the perfect use for that in the shop if you want to bring it in.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jul 5, 2016, 12:30:07 PM7/5/16
to Arch Reactor
I saw this listing on Craigslist. I thought somebody at Arch Reactor might have a project to repurpose them with.

Trampoline frame parts:
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/zip/5664957246.html

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jul 5, 2016, 12:48:10 PM7/5/16
to Arch Reactor
I just saw this one, too. The wood is usually higher quality than pallets and a lot of projects can be made with them.

Free Wooden Reels: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/zip/5659789403.html

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jul 6, 2016, 6:25:41 AM7/6/16
to Arch Reactor
I ordered these cables from Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable - 6 Feet (2-Pack) and they are the wrong cables for my project.

I needed the Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable, which I have ordered. If anyone needs the two cables above for projects, I'd like to get the $10.00 I spent on them.

Exchange can be made at Arch Reactor.

Gene

Brad Tissi

Jul 6, 2016, 9:44:06 AM7/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Do we have an outdoor space that we could set up as a sitting area? A couple of those spools would be a quick way to do that.

Andrew Ricke

Jul 6, 2016, 11:25:18 AM7/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The front ramp dock is big enough for a bench or small table.  I wanted to eventually make one of those folding bench to picnic table things, but if I had both lumber and a free weekend were available, I'd probably build wall frames first.

So those would be good. Probably need painting.

nfolken

Jul 6, 2016, 5:12:16 PM7/6/16
to Arch Reactor
I would prefer not to have those strewn around our parking lot and front porch. We have a plethora of stacking chairs we can put by the front door for use on the porch, or anything member made would be great, and I would rather not create a hobo-camp in the back of the parking lot. I might be persuaded otherwise, but I don't want to see them dumped in a corner of the lot without a plan.

Frank Kallal

Jul 6, 2016, 5:16:24 PM7/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Camp Hope @ Arch Reactor...   well damn it was almost a thing.. :)

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:12 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would prefer not to have those strewn around our parking lot and front porch. We have a plethora of stacking chairs we can put by the front door for use on the porch, or anything member made would be great, and I would rather not create a hobo-camp in the back of the parking lot. I might be persuaded otherwise, but I don't want to see them dumped in a corner of the lot without a plan.

Gene Jordan

Jul 6, 2016, 5:22:57 PM7/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've never liked the look of setting a wooden reel out as a table, so I second that about not using them as is for Arch Reactor. I have a set of metal outdoor furniture that could be used on the deck. it's just a table and two chairs. There is a space for an umbrella in the table, too. It would be way more comfortable, more useful, and would look much better than a wooden spool.

I posted the listing because some members of AR are often looking for weathered wood for various projects and this is a step up from pallet wood.  However, I also wouldn't agree with picking any of these up and storing them at Arch Reactor, especially during the build out process.

Gene

EschewObfuscation

Jul 7, 2016, 6:26:06 AM7/7/16
to Arch Reactor
7/7 bclauction lists four Intel Galileo boards. Those are arduino compatible SBCs (supported by the IDE and with the arduino connector footprint to accept standard shields), but with a pentium class processor. The boards are considerably larger than regular 'duinos.

As I type, bid price is about $1.50 each, if anyone's interested.

Derek Sigler

Jul 7, 2016, 11:42:03 AM7/7/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Can you send a link?  It's hard to find among all the auctions.
Thanks,
-derek

Travis Megee

Jul 7, 2016, 11:50:49 AM7/7/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

EschewObfuscation

Jul 7, 2016, 10:45:42 PM7/7/16
to Arch Reactor
So, someone got em for $15 and $17, was it any of us?

Travis Megee

Jul 8, 2016, 1:12:04 PM7/8/16
to Arch Reactor

Chris Weiss

Jul 8, 2016, 1:24:02 PM7/8/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can bring in the Edison robot kit that Instructibles gave us if someone wants to do something cool with it for the space.  the motor controller needs modified to work with the Edison, I just haven't done it yet.

once things are built out more I'll find a permanent place for it in the space.

Morganism

Jul 10, 2016, 2:47:59 PM7/10/16
to Arch Reactor
I have four general admission tickets to the Violent Femmes concert at the Pagent Thursday night that I cannot use. Contact me if you are interested.

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 1:54:39 PM UTC-5, Gene J. (GeekTinker) wrote:
> The opposite thread "Stuff that is Wanted" tends to be busy enough on its own. I'm proposing that we split that up with this thread for any Stuff That Is Available.
>

> I will readily admit that this will help me as I'm doing some spring cleaning this year and am about to have a few things to offer up.
>

> I think this will help to keep the clutter down on the donation shelves at the new space, as some things could find a home before they are even dropped off. If they are dropped off, a post here will alert members that the item is now on the donation shelves.

Jim S

Jul 19, 2016, 12:40:28 PM7/19/16
to Arch Reactor
This looks like useful angle iron.  I am trying to clean out stuff not get more but maybe someone else can use it...
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/zip/5687879689.html

jimski...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2016, 11:26:23 PM9/7/16
to Arch Reactor
Have several 50 gallon plastic barrels that I was going to use for rain barrels but changed plans. Anyone want them? Rather give them to someone at AR than hassle with Craigslist... One has a faucet installed near the bottom.

Derek Sigler

Sep 7, 2016, 11:45:15 PM9/7/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd like one Jim.  Will use it for a Halloween prop.
Thanks,
-derek

Andrew Ricke

Sep 8, 2016, 12:46:57 PM9/8/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I will also take one. Likely for rain barrel use, though now I may do the prop thing first as well!

Jim S

Sep 8, 2016, 2:07:04 PM9/8/16
to Arch Reactor
I have a couple blue and a couple white.  Let me know which you want.  I will try to get them to the space Sunday but it might be the next weekend.

Derek Sigler

Sep 8, 2016, 2:35:33 PM9/8/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll do a white one.  Thanks!

Brad Tissi

Sep 8, 2016, 7:42:19 PM9/8/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I can use two for compost. I don't mind either color.

Thank you.

On Sep 8, 2016 1:35 PM, "'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor" <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I'll do a white one.  Thanks!

Amberly Brown

Sep 9, 2016, 8:07:37 AM9/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Are any of the barrels food safe/ food grade? We want to set up a water catchment/purification system on our new land (eventually)

Thanks,

Amberly

Chris Weiss

Sep 9, 2016, 1:54:15 PM9/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have at least one that was originally an olive barrel I can part with, but you'll likely want a "tote" instead.  50 gallons goes pretty fast.

Amberly Brown

Sep 9, 2016, 2:00:47 PM9/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
These would be part of a series of barrels. At least one for each building we wind up using for a rain catchment area. Then lots of filtering and a larger storage tank. Probably. We are only out there for short periods of time (weekends) so we wouldn't need this for "living". (Ignore Mike if he tries to convince you otherwise. I'm too much of City girl to shuck it all and go live on a mountain side). And we are only in the "dreams and thoughts" stages of planning :).

Thanks,

Amberly

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have at least one that was originally an olive barrel I can part with, but you'll likely want a "tote" instead.  50 gallons goes pretty fast.

Myles Farrell

Sep 9, 2016, 3:00:42 PM9/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like these are in high demand but if you have any left over we could use one or two to store the rock salt that we need to get out of the parking lot.

Brad Tissi

Sep 19, 2016, 10:44:06 AM9/19/16
to Arch Reactor
If there's any left at this point, my coworker was just asking me if I knew of any. Odd timing.

Robert Kleeschulte

Sep 19, 2016, 5:21:20 PM9/19/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you are looking for clean open top barrels with the ring lock. I grabbed a few from these guys.

http://www.rivertownfoods.com/16601.html

They make BBQ sauce and get their dry goods in lined open tops.

Clean sealed tops $20 open tops $10 at the time I grabbed mine last year.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Brad Tissi <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
If there's any left at this point, my coworker was just asking me if I knew of any. Odd timing.

Jim S

Sep 21, 2016, 12:29:45 PM9/21/16
to Arch Reactor
Myles,

Is the rock salt in the parking lot at AR space?  Just wondering if this is for AR use or otherwise...

Jim

Robert Kleeschulte

Sep 21, 2016, 1:49:25 PM9/21/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Rock salt was found under a billboard vinyl that was hidden under overgrown bushes on the fence.

That is the history I know.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Jim S

Sep 23, 2016, 11:41:08 AM9/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Myles,

My opinion is that if the space/AR can use them they get first dibs.  So in my way of thinking AR gets two and then the first two responders (Derek and Andrew).  I am thinking AR doesn't care what color and Derek and Andrew get white, AR gets blue.  I will drop them off at AR this weekend and put names on them.  If you want to do something different you can sort that out among yourselves.

Amberly,

I have a 250 gal tote that has only had some sort of food grade stuff in it originally and just water in it for my use.  I would like to get something for it though - not free.  If you are interested let me know.

Jim

Robert Kleeschulte

Sep 23, 2016, 2:36:51 PM9/23/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My parents maybe interested in the tote. I will let you know.

jimski...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2016, 10:20:09 PM9/24/16
to Arch Reactor
I dropped off the barrels today. They are in back of the AR building.

Derek Sigler

Sep 28, 2016, 10:57:33 AM9/28/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I brought mine home last night.  Thank you Jim.

Oct 28, 2016, 12:17:22 PM10/28/16
to Arch Reactor
How many are available? I still don't have a firm plan for lighting the classroom, and while I would like something nice, creative would be good too.

blastc...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 8:15:14 PM11/25/16
to Arch Reactor
I have a 52 inch floor model television available to whomever for pickup. It is not wall-mountable, is 17 years old. It still powers on, but has begun shutting itself off after a few minutes, and then won't come back on for a few minutes after that. I surmise it is a power supply issue, but I don't know about these things. It is on wheels and surprisingly light (I carried it down two flights of stairs with no assistance.)

If interested, email Howard Price at blastc...@gmail.com.

Jim S

Jan 1, 2017, 5:00:48 PM1/1/17
to Arch Reactor, blastc...@gmail.com
I have the post, arm, and sliding carriage for a 12" craftsman radial arm saw.  Dont have the table or motor.  Very little actual use.  Thought of using it for an axis of a CNC router but I need to clear out some stuff.   post is steel.  Much of the rest is aluminum.

I also have about an 8' acme threaded rod and bearings from an old garage door opener.  It's well used so not precision by any means but could be used for linear motion.

250 gallon tote that has been used only for edible things (originally syrup and then only water).  $30 for this one, other parts are free.

If anyone wants them I can bring them to the space.

Jim S

Jan 29, 2017, 10:25:36 AM1/29/17
to Arch Reactor
I have about five 24V 4.8A linear power supplies that I am going to drop off at AR today in the donation area.  I think they were pulled from new equipment that never sold or perhaps subassemblies that became obsolete.   Good condition and functional (might want to bring them up slowly with a variac as they have been unused for years).  They are larger/heavier than modern switching power supplies but would make a nice power supply for steppers if your drivers can handle 24V.  Open frame (they aren't totally enclosed in a box).  Regulated and current limited.

Jim S

Apr 16, 2017, 5:36:58 PM4/16/17
to Arch Reactor
I have a lighted flag built by someone else that I picked up when I was doing stuff with 74HC595 shift registers to expand I/O.  It has opto triac drivers for 48 channels that drive the lights for stars and strips so various patterns can be made.  Bulbs are strings of Christmas type lights and I have a bunch of extra bulbs (incandescent).  Measures 39" x 65".  Has a RS485 receiver that was used to get signals from a PC parallel port (direct clock and data for the shift registers, not standard serial).  It was demonstrated as working when I got it.  Need to clear out some stuff...  If someone wants it great, otherwise its going to recycling.

Brad Tissi

Apr 17, 2017, 11:03:20 AM4/17/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
So it could be used as a large animated sign?

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Jim S <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a lighted flag built by someone else that I picked up when I was doing stuff with 74HC595 shift registers to expand I/O.  It has opto triac drivers for 48 channels that drive the lights for stars and strips so various patterns can be made.  Bulbs are strings of Christmas type lights and I have a bunch of extra bulbs (incandescent).  Measures 39" x 65".  Has a RS485 receiver that was used to get signals from a PC parallel port (direct clock and data for the shift registers, not standard serial).  It was demonstrated as working when I got it.  Need to clear out some stuff...  If someone wants it great, otherwise its going to recycling.

Jim S

Apr 17, 2017, 1:13:02 PM4/17/17
to Arch Reactor
Yes.  It is set up to be an animated sign.  Each bulb is not individually addressable though.  For example, the lines for the stripes are in series so all the bulbs in a line come on together.

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 10:03:20 AM UTC-5, Brad Tissi wrote:
So it could be used as a large animated sign?
On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Jim S <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a lighted flag built by someone else that I picked up when I was doing stuff with 74HC595 shift registers to expand I/O.  It has opto triac drivers for 48 channels that drive the lights for stars and strips so various patterns can be made.  Bulbs are strings of Christmas type lights and I have a bunch of extra bulbs (incandescent).  Measures 39" x 65".  Has a RS485 receiver that was used to get signals from a PC parallel port (direct clock and data for the shift registers, not standard serial).  It was demonstrated as working when I got it.  Need to clear out some stuff...  If someone wants it great, otherwise its going to recycling.

Brad Tissi

Aug 17, 2017, 2:27:43 PM8/17/17
to Arch Reactor
I forgot about this thread. It could use a pin.

There is one complete Opteron rack server that's still unclaimed. It is ready to go with 2x 250GB drives in the hot-swap bays back in the corner of the store room.
I thought that it was already claimed, but misunderstood.

There is another one without drives that's currently in my garage if anyone is interested. Otherwise, that one will get donated to a reuse/recycle place.

EschewObfuscation

Aug 17, 2017, 3:05:01 PM8/17/17
to Arch Reactor
I have a friend who's suffering along with an xp box and dialup; normally I keep my fingers off the donations items, but he'd be a better destination for a working win 7 box than the recycle places. Lack of a HD isn't a problem.

redin...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2017, 3:39:14 PM8/17/17
to Arch Reactor
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 2:05:01 PM UTC-5, EschewObfuscation wrote:
> I have a friend who's suffering along with an xp box and dialup; normally I keep my fingers off the donations items, but he'd be a better destination for a working win 7 box than the recycle places. Lack of a HD isn't a problem.
>
> On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:27:43 PM UTC-5, Brad Tissi wrote:
> I forgot about this thread. It could use a pin.
> I have some Dells that all they need are formatted and setup. I'll have to look at the specs when I get home. I can set one up with Windows 7.

redin...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2017, 3:41:36 PM8/17/17
to Arch Reactor
I wanted to claim the server, but maybe missed the response.

redin...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2017, 10:55:35 AM8/19/17
to Arch Reactor
Whats the opteron look like?

Brad Tissi

Aug 22, 2017, 5:22:45 PM8/22/17
to Arch Reactor, redin...@gmail.com

Unless someone has already grabbed it, there's still one in the storage room. If not, I still have the second that's missing hard drives, ram, and a power supply.

The recycling center refurbishes first, if possible, but I was only planning on bringing the one server that's missing parts and the old pentium 4s.
I have Core2Duos that are destined for Lab:revolution.

20161227_173947.jpg

Jim S

Sep 4, 2017, 1:35:48 PM9/4/17
to Arch Reactor, redin...@gmail.com
HID ballast transformers.  1000 W.  Primary taps for 120, 208, 240, 277, and 480V.  the secondary is separate from the primary and separated by a magnetic shunt (at least I think that's how these work) so they may be hackable to put a different secondary on and/or remove the shunt.  I have two.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Sep 26, 2017, 4:37:25 PM9/26/17
to Arch Reactor
A friend of mine in Collinsville sent me this message today.
"Tim Kircher with the Junk Busters.
I took down a old shed that was built in the 30's I kept some of the tongue and grove flooring which is over an 1" thick and some of the wall boards which are tongue and grove 1/4" thick. Did not know if your group would like to have it for projects or if you know someone that like reclaimed wood. It's all Pine."

He also has a 130 year old rocking chair made out of oak that needs some TLC restoration if somebody wants that project.

You can reach out to me via private message or look him up on FB under The Junk Busters in Collinsville, Illinois.

Gene Jordan

Nate H.

Sep 27, 2017, 12:02:26 AM9/27/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you still have a ballast transformer, Jim, I'd take it.

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Jim S <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
HID ballast transformers.  1000 W.  Primary taps for 120, 208, 240, 277, and 480V.  the secondary is separate from the primary and separated by a magnetic shunt (at least I think that's how these work) so they may be hackable to put a different secondary on and/or remove the shunt.  I have two.

Jim S

Sep 27, 2017, 7:19:50 AM9/27/17
to Arch Reactor
I have them.  I can bring them to the space but it's going to be a couple weeks before I can get there.  You want one or both?

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:02:26 PM UTC-5, Nate H. wrote:
If you still have a ballast transformer, Jim, I'd take it.

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Jim S <jimski...@gmail.com> wrote:
HID ballast transformers.  1000 W.  Primary taps for 120, 208, 240, 277, and 480V.  the secondary is separate from the primary and separated by a magnetic shunt (at least I think that's how these work) so they may be hackable to put a different secondary on and/or remove the shunt.  I have two.

Brad Tissi

Sep 27, 2017, 12:41:54 PM9/27/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Jim, those larger ones for you are likely still in the storage room.

It is loading more messages.