SLSC reaching out for help with HAB project

Ben Fiedler

Jan 27, 2018, 12:42:45 PM1/27/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi my name is Ben Fiedler and I am reaching out on behalf of the Saint Louis Science Center. I am looking to get in touch regarding a potential high altitude weather balloon project that we here at the science center are trying to plan.

I am reaching out to this group in particular because about two years ago I was a part of a group from SLU's Space Systems Research Lab that launched a HAB with the help of your organization, I believe that Sally Kula was the main point of contact for us at the time.

I am looking for some technical help on this project as well as potentially some help with ground operations on launch day. The main goal of the mission is to provide live video feed from the balloon as well as live tracking data that can be displayed at the science center during the mission so we can host a launch event.

Let me know if your group is interested in the project and I look forward to hearing back soon.

Ben Fiedler

SSRL - Attitude Determination and Control Team Lead
Parks College of Engineering, Aviation, and Technology
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering

M:
(417)353-8945

ben.f...@slu.edu
www.slu.edu

Derek Sigler

Jan 27, 2018, 1:38:28 PM1/27/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, Ben Fiedler
Absolutely Ben,  a few of us have started HAB.education  .  We've done 17 flights and have a wealth of information from data points to soldering on that site.  Look forward to working with you any way we can.
Thanks,
-derek