Source for foam

Amberly Brown

Sep 22, 2017, 9:55:14 AM9/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am looking for a source of closed cell foam, preferably self-stick, in thickness of 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2. Anyone know of any local options? (if not, what is your favorite website). I'm not looking for a lot (a 4'x4' sheet would last me ~5 years based on past experience)

(this will be used to pad armor, particularly helmets, so a decent durometer (density) is preferred over "soft" foam)

Thanks!
Amberly

jeric...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2017, 10:45:52 AM10/2/17
to Arch Reactor
Hello!

Lowes has rather nice/affordable closed-cell foam mats you can use for ALL sorts of projects: https://tinyurl.com/ych893zc

It's $20 for four 2'x2' ~1/2" thick interlocking sheets. It's easy to cut with a tile knife/box-cutter and seals up nicely with a heat gun for painting. One side has a faux grill-plate texture and the other side is smooth.