UAV Race

HoyeBoye

Jun 25, 2012, 6:21:12 PM6/25/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Is the UAV race still on for Tuesday? Still at 7? I'll be cutting class early for it, so I just wanted to double check the if/when details.

Derek Sigler

Jun 25, 2012, 11:41:47 PM6/25/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It's on.  George and I are the only confirmed entries.  If any of the other entries make it, it'll be a bonus.  We'll also need some help with track setup ~7.  We're actually pretty happy with the track setup and hope it can be used for ongoing races/competitions every month or so.
Thanks,
-derek

Is the UAV race still on for Tuesday? Still at 7? I'll be cutting class early for it, so I just wanted to double check the if/when details. --
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/arch-reactor/-/vMmCCT8-U0kJ.

Derek Sigler

Jun 26, 2012, 10:21:49 AM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just for the record, I'd leave secondary education as a higher priority over this initial UAV race.  There will be more and more likely better races in the upcoming months.
-derek

"I'll be cutting class early for it, so I just wanted to double check the if/when details. "--

George Fetters

Jun 26, 2012, 12:17:45 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah,  This may be more of a crash and burn than a race ;-)

BTW, I have 2 UAVs ready.  The second one may be too fast though considering we have never test run any of these.

Chris Weiss

Jun 26, 2012, 12:20:03 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
90% of the reason to watch a race is to see a crash!

Eric Geldmacher

Jun 26, 2012, 12:21:29 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
90% of the reason to watch a race is to see a crash!

+1

Derek Sigler

Jun 26, 2012, 12:47:37 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If anyone wants to bring more cars to tear up, I'll be showing a real quick way to mod RC cars to UAVs.

John Reskusich

Jun 26, 2012, 12:55:01 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
+1 I like your system of plus-oneing an email.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Derek Sigler <derek...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If anyone wants to bring more cars to tear up, I'll be showing a real quick
> way to mod RC cars to UAVs.

George Fetters

Jun 26, 2012, 1:02:57 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
:-D
photo (4).JPG

Eric Geldmacher

Jun 26, 2012, 1:05:02 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Love the glowing eyes!

HoyeBoye

Jun 26, 2012, 8:18:32 PM6/26/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, Derek Sigler
Yeah, that's probably the better choice. I'll be by after class with my non-working car.

BlackTalon

Jun 27, 2012, 9:00:10 AM6/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, Derek Sigler
Does anyone have video of the (cough) race?  I checked UStream and all it says is we were live last night.