Space Balloon Launch

Derek Sigler

May 17, 2021, 10:39:53 PM5/17/21
to Arch Reactor
High altitude ballooning is one of my hobbies.  If you're into HAM radio, electronics or even cool photography it might be a fun thing.  We'll be launching Sat. July 10th in conjunction with the national conference.  http://www.superlaunch.org  .  More details to come but you can save the date.
-derek

Saint Louis and Mississippi
Inline image

Frank Kallal

May 17, 2021, 11:41:51 PM5/17/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Outstanding thanks for the heads up with this kind of lead time I might even be able to make it..

Frank

Buz McCullough

May 18, 2021, 3:42:41 AM5/18/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Are you going to have a transmitter on the payload? If yes, how would I use my Software Defined Radio to monitor it? Could you do a presentation at Arch Reactor prior to the launch?
Buz McCullough

Derek Sigler

May 18, 2021, 10:28:18 AM5/18/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We'll assemble the payload and go over software and tracking on Friday evening.  Yes, you can use SDR to pick up the 144.39 signal. It also self populates onto the internet and the balloon can be tracked in real time on a phone or tablet.