Who operates or can show me how to operate the laser cutter?

GeekTinker

Sep 27, 2012, 10:06:36 AM9/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to either learn how or get a case built for my Raspberry Pi on the laser cutter out of the scrap material we already have.  I'd be willing to donate what I would have paid for a case online to the general AR fund for that.

I also have an idea for something that could be made on the laser cutter and sold locally to generate funds for Arch Reactor.

Gene

ROB K

Sep 27, 2012, 11:19:33 AM9/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That reminds me also. I need to have something cut for my fish tank.

Laser cut goods look like they can be profitable. I have had a few people ask about my calendar I made. Members can think a few new stuff also. A friend of mine runs a laser engraving place but their setup cost is to high for me to use them. They are more for batches not single pieces.

EschewObfuscation

Sep 27, 2012, 11:41:43 AM9/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Um, you might want to specify the thinnest, lightest material you consider sufficient to the task, so Travis can tell you if the laser cutter can get through it. It has constraints perhaps tighter that you may be expecting.

Frank Kallal

Sep 27, 2012, 12:18:54 PM9/27/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If it's work for the Space, and the Space Laser cutter can't do
whatever the project is I'll Offer up Time / usage of Mine. but my
time is very limited and my ability to get to the space is seldom, so
if the space one can do it then i would suggest it first :)

I have a 50w Epilog Helix at home as part of a home Business.

fk
> --

Message has been deleted

GeekTinker

Sep 28, 2012, 3:32:24 AM9/28/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Another member has had a case for his Raspberry Pi cut out of the scrap pieces of stock that are there.  I'm about 99.9% sure that it can be done at AR using the laser cutter.