Wood Engraving Discoloration

mylesmich...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2014, 2:35:35 PM9/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if i am just rediscovering what more experienced users already knew, but i figured i would share just in case. I found out that the discoloration of the wood around engraved wood is actually just caramelized sap and that simply wiping with vinegar removes it quickly. I left a half gallon in the cabinets next to the frig if anyone needs some.

Myles

Frank Kallal

Sep 27, 2014, 2:45:24 PM9/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
yeah just sap and Smoke normally

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM, <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know if i am just rediscovering what more experienced users already knew, but i figured i would share just in case. I found out that the discoloration of the wood around engraved wood is actually just caramelized sap and that simply wiping with vinegar removes it quickly. I left a half gallon in the cabinets next to the frig if anyone needs some.

Myles

Diane Sudduth

Oct 1, 2014, 4:16:42 PM10/1/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, mylesmich...@gmail.com
Thanks for the vinegar, Miles!    It cleaned up the gears quite nicely.

Di  <*>