Regression: Windows + ARAnyM 1.1.0 + JIT + EmuTOS desktop

Vincent Rivière

Jun 1, 2019, 5:36:21 PM6/1/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
As previously discovered on the EmuTOS Mailing List:
https://sourceforge.net/p/emutos/mailman/message/36683106/

I'm using ARAnyM 1.1.0, JIT version on Windows 10.
It is no more able to properly display the EmuTOS desktop (any version). See
screenshot.
- issue affects both SDL1 and SDL2 builds
- same setup works well with non-JIT ARAnyM

--
Vincent Rivière
aranym.png

Thorsten Otto

Jun 4, 2019, 2:34:55 AM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
On Samstag, 1. Juni 2019 23:36:14 CEST Vincent Rivière wrote:
> It is no more able to properly display the EmuTOS desktop (any version)

Should be fixed by https://github.com/aranym/aranym/commit/
18e4f1659e89efee7f3adbde08666aecfe43103d

If you've got the time, could you please check again?

Vincent Rivière

Jun 4, 2019, 4:52:16 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
On 04/06/2019 at 08:34, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> If you've got the time, could you please check again?

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to build ARAnym:

g++ -O2 -W -Wall -Wundef -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
-DARANYM_DATADIR="\"/usr/local/share/\"" -o gencpu.exe gencpu.o readcpu.o
cpudefs.o -lm
readcpu.o:readcpu.cpp:(.text+0x179): undefined reference to
`cygwin_mingw_abort()'

A precompiled binary would help.

--
Vincent Rivière

Thorsten Otto

Jun 4, 2019, 6:16:08 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com

On Dienstag, 4. Juni 2019 22:52:11 CEST Vincent Rivière wrote:

> I'm not sure how I'm supposed to build ARAnym:

Just as usual, if you unpacked a source tar.gz, then run configure && make

If you cloned the git repo, just run ./autogen.sh instead of configure. You can pass it also the options you normally pass to configure.

Without any argument, it will craete the "normal" version (no JIT, no MMU). For the jit version, you should use --enable-jit-compiler
--enable-jit-fpu

If you start it from the command line, it will most likely not find SDL.dll. This it because it uses the SDL.dll from mingw, not from cygwin.

>A precompiled binary would help.

They are available as snaphots

Thorsten Otto

Jun 4, 2019, 6:21:38 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
Almost forgot: you have to use the 32-bit version of cygwin. 64bit is not yet
supported there.

Vincent Rivière

Jun 4, 2019, 6:25:20 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
On 05/06/2019 à 00:16, Thorsten Otto wrote:
They are available as snaphots

Ah!

However:
"No direct downloads selected for this package."

???

--
Vincent Rivière

Thorsten Otto

Jun 4, 2019, 6:29:48 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
On Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2019 00:25:17 CEST Vincent Rivière wrote:
> "No direct downloads selected for this package."

You have to select the "FILES" tab first ;)

Vincent Rivière

Jun 4, 2019, 6:42:32 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
On 05/06/2019 at 00:29, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> You have to select the "FILES" tab first ;)

Ah, sorry. I was sure that I already tried that. I was wrong.
You should provide links directly to that tab, that would avoid confusion.

BTW: It works well :-)
Thanks for the fix, Thorsten.

--
Vincent Rivière

Thorsten Otto

Jun 4, 2019, 6:52:43 PM6/4/19
to ara...@googlegroups.com
On Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2019 00:42:29 CEST Vincent Rivière wrote:
> You should provide links directly to that tab,

I tried, but this does not always work, since the last part of the link is
only an anchor and has to be loaded first.

> BTW: It works well

good ;)