multiple default files.

bbjimmy

Mar 28, 2011, 10:58:54 PM3/28/11
to Araneum HTTP Server

Araneum can only define one default file. I need it to allow me to use
index.htm, index,html, and index.php.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Masquerade

Mar 29, 2011, 7:29:43 AM3/29/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Hi, yes there are a couple of ways to accomplish this. I suppose you
are going to host several domains on your server. When doing so the
best practice is to use VirtualHosts.

VirtualHost {
Hostname = www.my-domain.com
WebsiteRoot = /var/www/my-domain/public
StartFile = index.html
AccessLogfile = /var/www/my-domain/log/access.log
ErrorLogfile = /var/www/my-domain/log/error.log
TimeForCGI = 5
UseFastCGI = PHP5
}

You probably know if site A uses index.htm or index.html eventhough
site B might use index.php, so you can set a StartFile per
VirtualHost.

But if you want to use a different StartFile in a subfolder, for
example, http://site.com uses index.htm, but http://site.com/blog/
will have to use index.php as StartFile, then you can add a .htaccess
file to that folder, only needs to contain the following line:
StartFile = index.php Adding .htaccess files does not require a
restart of the server to take effect.

A third option is the add a Directory block to your main configuration
to override settings for that directory.

Directory {
Path = /var/www/my-domain/public/blog
StartFile = index.php
Message has been deleted