Another question... Authentication

bbjimmy

Mar 30, 2011, 11:33:13 PM3/30/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
I can't seem to figure out how to password protect a directory. I have
found a php script that will produce a hash like apache uses, but
cannot seem to get Araneum to use the password list file and prompt
for a username and password.

Masquerade

Mar 31, 2011, 8:03:11 AM3/31/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Hello again, to use authentication you'll need to add this line to
either a .htaccess file in the directory you want to protect or a
Directory or VirtualHost block in you main configuration.

PasswordFile = basic:/path/to/password/file/.passwords

bbjimmy

Apr 6, 2011, 6:26:11 PM4/6/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
On Mar 31, 8:03 am, Masquerade <philipe.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again, to use authentication you'll need to add this line to
> either a .htaccess file in the directory you want to protect or a
> Directory or VirtualHost block in you main configuration.
>
> PasswordFile = basic:/path/to/password/file/.passwords

Thanks

By the way, .htaccess doesn't seem to work in haiku, but the directory
block works just fine.

oh and the link on your default index.html file goes to http://koppin22.com/
not http://araneum.koppin22.com/ as it should.

Anyway I am in the process of changing to araneum for coquilletkd.com,
mwmacalendar.com, fatelk.com, and coquilledowntownstudio.com.

nicely done!

jim