php for Haiku

bbjimmy

Mar 21, 2011, 2:43:38 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Haiku does not have a binary of php with fastcgi enabled. How do I get
php to work with the Araneum server?

bbjimmy

Mar 21, 2011, 2:44:01 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server

Masquerade

Mar 21, 2011, 2:52:25 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Yes, sadly Haiku has no support for PHP at this time, there are
however a port underway, it'll be available from http://ports.haiku-files.org/
when it is ready.

You can however start PHP as a FastCGI on an other PC on you local
network. And do the following changes to your httpd.conf

FastCGIserver {
FastCGIid = PHP5
Extension = php
ConnectTo = 127.0.0.1:2005
}

Change 127.0.0.1 to the IP of the machine running the PHP FastCGI.

bbjimmy

Mar 21, 2011, 4:23:20 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server

On Mar 21, 2:52 pm, Masquerade <philipe.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, sadly Haiku has no support for PHP at this time, there are
> however a port underway, it'll be available fromhttp://ports.haiku-files.org/
> when it is ready.
>
> You can however start PHP as a FastCGI on an other PC on you local
> network. And do the following changes to your httpd.conf
>
> FastCGIserver {
>         FastCGIid = PHP5
>         Extension = php
>         ConnectTo = 127.0.0.1:2005
>
> }
>
> Change 127.0.0.1 to the IP of the machine running the PHP FastCGI.
>

> > php to work with the Araneum server?

That's too bad. I am currently using xitami with php on my haiku
box... http://coquilletkd.com http://fatelk.com I was looking to give
Araneum a try, but php is a requirement for my needs.

Masquerade

Mar 21, 2011, 5:01:35 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Yes, It's too bad that Haiku does not support PHP yet, but I'll try to
get in contact with the developer/maintainer of the PHP port for Haiku
to get some info on the progress, I might even try to do a crude port
of PHP myself or pay the developer to dedicate some time to the
porting.

You said you where using xitami with php on my haiku!, Do you have a
working PHP build for Haiku? If so, where did you get it? And if you
have a php running on Haiku, even if it is not working in FastCGI
mode, you may use it with Araneum as a normal CGI.
> box...http://coquilletkd.comhttp://fatelk.comI was looking to give

bbjimmy

Mar 21, 2011, 6:44:44 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server

On Mar 21, 5:01 pm, Masquerade <philipe.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, It's too bad that Haiku does not support PHP yet, but I'll try to
> get in contact with the developer/maintainer of the PHP port for Haiku
> to get some info on the progress, I might even try to do a crude port
> of PHP myself or pay the developer to dedicate some time to the
> porting.
>
> You said you where using xitami with php on my haiku!, Do you have a
> working PHP build for Haiku? If so, where did you get it? And if you
> have a php running on Haiku, even if it is not working in FastCGI
> mode, you may use it with Araneum as a normal CGI.

This is what I am using:

http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/development/language/php-hypertext-preprocessor

I have tried to make it work with Araneum with no luck. It shows:
forbidden with any php page.

Masquerade

Mar 21, 2011, 6:53:05 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Thanks a lot for the link, I'll do some testing myself and report back
as soon as i've done so.. :)

On Mar 21, 11:44 pm, bbjimmy <black.belt.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 5:01 pm, Masquerade <philipe.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, It's too bad that Haiku does not support PHP yet, but I'll try to
> > get in contact with the developer/maintainer of the PHP port for Haiku
> > to get some info on the progress, I might even try to do a crude port
> > of PHP myself or pay the developer to dedicate some time to the
> > porting.
>
> > You said you where using xitami with php on my haiku!, Do you have a
> > working PHP build for Haiku? If so, where did you get it? And if you
> > have a php running on Haiku, even if it is not working in FastCGI
> > mode, you may use it with Araneum as a normal CGI.
>
> This is what I am using:
>
> http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/development/language/php-...

Masquerade

Mar 21, 2011, 8:17:59 PM3/21/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
Hello again, Got PHP working with Araneum in Haiku without problems.
Used the PHP version you linked too.

Just add these 2 lines to your httpd.conf

CGIhandler = /boot/home/php/php-cgi:php
ExecuteCGI = yes

You'll need to change the path to where your php-cgi executable is
located.

Best Regard

Philipe Rubio

On Mar 21, 11:44 pm, bbjimmy <black.belt.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21, 5:01 pm, Masquerade <philipe.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, It's too bad that Haiku does not support PHP yet, but I'll try to
> > get in contact with the developer/maintainer of the PHP port for Haiku
> > to get some info on the progress, I might even try to do a crude port
> > of PHP myself or pay the developer to dedicate some time to the
> > porting.
>
> > You said you where using xitami with php on my haiku!, Do you have a
> > working PHP build for Haiku? If so, where did you get it? And if you
> > have a php running on Haiku, even if it is not working in FastCGI
> > mode, you may use it with Araneum as a normal CGI.
>
> This is what I am using:
>
> http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/development/language/php-...

bbjimmy

Mar 22, 2011, 12:54:38 PM3/22/11
to Araneum HTTP Server

> Just add these 2 lines to your httpd.conf
>
> CGIhandler = /boot/home/php/php-cgi:php
> ExecuteCGI = yes
>
> You'll need to change the path to where your php-cgi executable is
> located.
>
> Best Regard
>
> Philipe Rubio

Thanks, php is now working and I am evaluating using the server.

Masquerade

Mar 22, 2011, 7:33:10 PM3/22/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
If you need any more help, find bugs (hopefully not) or if you have
any feature requests I'll try to help you out as best as I can.

Masquerade

Mar 25, 2011, 9:22:24 PM3/25/11
to Araneum HTTP Server
There is now a step by step guide on how to install and configure
Araneum in Haiku with PHP in both CGI and FastCGI mode.

You can find the guide here: http://araneum.koppin22.com/doc-haiku-inst.html