Ara is back!

Tim Southwick

May 20, 2016, 3:26:32 PM5/20/16
to Ara Module Developers
projectara.com now redirects to https://atap.google.com/ara/

There is a form at the bottom to get in contact for developers or those interested in a release date. This was announced on the last day of Google I/O, something that I didn't see in the schedule before the event.

You can read more here: http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/20/11721284/google-atap-project-ara-phone-shipping-developers-fall-2016

It's good to hear something about Ara again.

Garrett Kinsman

May 22, 2016, 4:23:57 AM5/22/16
to Ara Module Developers
Developers,
I imagine you are all as excited as I! It looks amazing. Tim how are you doing??

Smartphones have been stagnant since 2007, this is a giant leap for mankind. Turing's Bombe has began to spin, and Werner's V2 is inches off the ground. What we see next will truly be a leap into another world.

The ID is straight out of SOMA with a nice Shenzhen-esque feel of modernity. I love it. Moto has died. But Moto's soul lives on:

I have now moved to Bangalore India to build things, If anyone is in Bengaluru I would very much love to meet. ARA is going to change things forever.

I'm writing to you all on a 2300MHZ Airtel LTE Time Devision Multiplex Internet Link, and connection through a 2.4GHz MIMO iOS hotspot.  ARA will enable any radio, any carrier to be swapped with ease.

ARA is going to free us all from the reign of the "carrier model", and enable us to rethink hardware, software, and connectivity altogether. What we'll soon discover is that ARA is not a smartphone, or a PC, or a classical computer in any sense; ARA is something else completely.

It has only just begun!

What do you all think? What is going to change? How will this impact a future of 10 Billion Humans?