On Dreams of Fusion, Space Colonization, and Modular Computing

Garrett Kinsman

Dec 14, 2016, 8:01:50 AM12/14/16
to Ara Module Developers
ARA is a symbol.  A symbol for the future.

ARA is a symbol where humanity breaks free from the status quo of planned obsolescence and reaches for the stars. A symbol where humanity evolves sustainably, where intellegent hardware evolves into something new.

Computing has remained static since 2007, and the future of humanity today appears as bleak as ever. But innovators must maintain optimism:

Living in India, Android is driving Earth's largest democracy forward. After the Government removed cash from the economy, and following the clear failure of the classical banking system, the country is moving to electronic payments.

An entire nation's economy of 1.5 billion people is switching to Android.

The youth of India ponder the back of the new 2,000 Rupee note, showing India's spacecraft parked in martian orbit since 2014. We look up to the heavens, beyond an equatorial view of the moon, and ponder "What's Next?".

At humanities exponential rate of expansion, the stars beckon.

I estimate it will take roughly 50 Million USD to bring ARA back to life. The current research is in standstill, its significant investment wasted, gathering dust.

Humanity has reached a point of stagnation, where copying a business model or going the safe route is favored over long term gains. I see this trend globally. Pixel represents Android at its best, but it ultimately represents stagnation of innovation.

I know not what ARA followers seek now, but I would more than love to talk. ARA was the "neutron moderator" that began a historic reaction, setting alight the imaginations of thousands of people. People have come to me on ideas of wireless glucose reading, graphene radiation detectors, THz scanners, free internet, and hospitals that fit in one's pocket. We all know that so much more is possible.

Sometimes we must reach for the heavens...

Eli Protiva

Mar 22, 2017, 7:22:41 PM3/22/17
to Ara Module Developers
could the nextpaq deliver on the ara promise? great post too. i gave a key ara dev a lyft ride and it was just sad. like you said, so much wasted research and peoples lives working on it. just sad.