Transition from Navy-Marine Corps MARS to Army?

navymar...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2015, 8:15:01 PM7/4/15
to ar-mars-as...@googlegroups.com
Should I decide to transition from Navy-Marine Corps MARS to Army MARS, what accommodations have been made to pass MARSGRAMS to Navy ships at sea?

James A. Bassett, RMC(AC), USN, Retired
Nevada State Director, Navy-Marine Corp MARS
Navy-Marine Corps MARS Operator Chief

army mars pm

Jul 6, 2015, 8:50:23 AM7/6/15
to ar-mars-as...@googlegroups.com
James,

Thanks for your question. Regardless of which MARS Service you choose to move to, accommodating MARSGRAMS to ships should not be an issue. While Army has not recently done MARSGRAMS to ships, we still send MARSGRAMS to wounded Soldiers at the Landstuhle Army Medical Center in Germany every year. Two years ago we also supported deployed Coat Guard personnel with MWR phone patches on Christmas day.

Recently I visited the Navy's Third Fleet HQs to discuss a number of proposals to include MARS operators in an upcoming Naval Exercise in 2016 called RIMPAC. while in San Diego, I also visited the SPAWAR-SYSCEN and discussed with them the concept of MARS supporting them while testing new HF antennas for the fleet.

I hope this helps to answer your question. Regardless of which MARS service you choose to align with, I hope that you will continue to support the DOD through the MARS program.

v/r

Paul

rust...@gmail.com

May 2, 2016, 7:36:07 PM5/2/16
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
James,

Has there been any movement on your question?

I've sent several MARSGRAMS in the past under Navy MARS but have been unable to do so in recent months and it's a bit frustrating. I don't think the transition from Navy to Army was as seamless as some may have thought.

Rusty
STSC(SS)

army mars pm

May 2, 2016, 10:00:39 PM5/2/16
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
James, Rusty,

I have spoken with reps from NCTAMSLANT (higher HQs for Navy MARS) as well as a rep from 10th Fleet (higher HQs for NCTAMSLANT) about how MARSGRAMS were previously sent to ships. The gentlemen I spoke with had no knowledge of how MARSGRAMS were handled. If you have any info for how MARSGRAMS were being handled, we will reconsider how to support them.

v/r

Paul