ID CARDS

wa1mar...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2015, 10:33:27 AM7/28/15
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
Hello

i was wondering were i can get a MARS ID CARD

i'm AFMARS MEMBER AFA5VG

i'm tech class lisencse WA1MAR

army mars pm

Jul 28, 2015, 1:58:42 PM7/28/15
to AR MARS Ask The Chief, wa1mar...@gmail.com
If you are a MARS member in good standing...ie, completed all training requirements and meet monthly participation requirements, you should request your AF MARS leadership process your request for a MARS ID card to Chief Air Force MARS.

v/r

Paul

jonathan.t...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2017, 3:18:05 PM10/24/17
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
Thanks for the info.

-State MARS Emergency Coordinator Mississippi

AFE4MS
Jonathan Clark

jonathan.t...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2018, 10:00:05 AM9/29/18
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
I was just informed that MARS is no longer issuing ID cards, what we nee as for the deployable, and FEMA certified, and NCS certified, members that are able, and willing is a printable ID, that can be laminated, and with dates, and expiration of printable ID, etc., basic information, to show. As it is, showing up without an ID, is an awkward business, we had an AF MARS member get turned away from a RED CROSS duty he was signed too, for assisting in COMEX 18-3.

army mars pm

Sep 29, 2018, 4:19:52 PM9/29/18
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
Jonathan,

Yes, Army MARS stopped issuing ID cards about a year ago. We had a member improperly use the MARS ID card that was reported to the Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID)...that went Army-wide. We chose to stop issuing the ID card so as to not cause other members problems as a result of this incident.

Our intention is to transition to a license similar to your amateur radio license that you can carry in your wallet that simply indicates you are authorized to operate on military channels.

Regarding the member that was turned away from a Red Cross duty...a MARS ID card will not grant anyone access to a red Cross facility...we do not have any agreements with the Red Cross. If a member wants to support a Red Cross facility, they will need to be credentialed by the Red Cross for access.

v/r

Paul
Chief Army MARS

jonathan.t...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2018, 1:17:27 AM10/18/18
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
Chief English,

Thank you for the information about the MARS ID's. The transition to an FCC like license on a database, and an official print out with credentials is a great idea, and would serve the purpose of authorization easily.

Thank You,

Jonathan Clark
State MARS Emergency Coordinator Mississippi
Region IV
USAF