Suggestion

Defense Dynamics

Oct 23, 2019, 9:37:57 PM10/23/19
to AR MARS Ask The Chief
 I realize there is a low participation rate in nets. Some of this is do to people in general and happens in all volunteer organizations. As the president of such organization and owner of a business that makes money doing training, Mars training formats are one major problem. If we expect people to participate then need encouragement and success. If they feel like they are being pick on they will stop participating. In my few years in MARS I have seen training get better and recently get worse. Training needs to come in three formats to be successful. Every person learns best from different formats, myself I am a visual learner. I can read a manual 100x and not get it, but see it once and be an expert.

I have tried to have a conversation with the training officer in my region, but he is unwilling to discuss modern teaching techniques.

The success of an organization is based on the success of the volunteers in the organization,