Inflow/Outflow unit

Reden Armand Mallare

Oct 7, 2020, 11:06:58 AM10/7/20
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi Everyone,

I am a little bit confused about the required units for the Inflow and Outflow input to run the model. I found an instruction manual for GLM dated last 2014 saying that the units should be ML/d on the other hand, I've read in one forum that the units should be in m3/s. I compared my input data converted to ML/d to the inflow/outflow data that can be found in the examples and apparently, the Inflow/Outflow that I have in ML/d is very large compared to that of the examples'.

Can anybody in this group clarify what the required unit is? Thank you in advance.

-Reden

Joaquín Riarte

Oct 8, 2020, 6:02:35 PM10/8/20
to aquaticm...@googlegroups.com
Hi , in the gmd paper appears that it is in m3/s
Regards.
Joaquin

matt.hipsey

Oct 10, 2020, 6:22:35 AM10/10/20
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi Reden
Just confirming Joaquin's comment - the units are m3/s in V2 and V3 of GLM. The early version of the model was in ML/d, but that was many years ago.
The 2019 GMD paper is the most accurate, and also this config page is useful:
Let us know of you have any further questions!
Cheers
Matt

Reden Armand Mallare

Nov 14, 2020, 12:59:08 AM11/14/20
to aquaticm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I am now using m3/s as my discharge unit and it works.

-Reden