Estimating solar radiation data using BCSM

Robert Ladwig

Jun 14, 2017, 8:55:43 AM6/14/17
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi everyone,

currently I try to simulate a lake using air temperature, relative humidity, wind speed, precipitation and cloud cover as input parameters for the meteorology file. I assumed that GLM would internally, using Bird Clear Sky Model, calculate shortwave radiation and longwave radiation when I set rad_mode = 5 (because I am lacking radiation data as well as subdaily cloud data). But after checking lake.csv neither Q_sw nor light are calculated. Do I miss somehow telling the model directly to use BCSM?

&meteorology
   met_sw = .true.
   lw_type = 'LW_CC'
   rain_sw = .false.
   snow_sw = .false.
   atm_stab = .false.
   catchrain = .false.
   rad_mode = 5
   albedo_mode = 1
   cloud_mode = 4
   subdaily = .false.
   meteo_fl = 'MET.csv'
   wind_factor = 2
   sw_factor = 1
   lw_factor = 1
   at_factor = 1
   rh_factor = 1
   rain_factor = 2
   ce = 0.001
   ch = 0.001
   cd = 0.001
   rain_threshold = 0.01
   runoff_coef = 0.3
   time_fmt = 'YYYY-MM-DD'
/
&bird_model
   AP = 1013
   Oz = 0.279
   WatVap = 1.1
   AOD500 = 0.033
   AOD380 = 0.038
   Albedo = 0.2

Thanks a lot in advance!
Robert

Caitlin Lulay

Mar 15, 2021, 9:59:27 PM3/15/21
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi Robert,

I know this was quite an old submission, but I'm curious if you remember how you resolved the issue as I am facing the same problem at the moment.

Best,
Caitlin