Water temperature layered simulation

xian fan

Dec 16, 2021, 12:24:59 AM12/16/21
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hello, everyone. During the calibration, I see that the observation temperature given in the sample file is the measured data of various depths. However, due to the actual situation, I only have the measured data of the lake surface and the measured water temperature data of the lake bottom, and this lake It is a warm single lake. The depth of the lake is about 20 meters. There is no obvious water temperature stratification. The temperature difference between the surface and the bottom of the lake is about 1 degree Celsius. In the downloaded R code, I found that the observation data has various depths. During the simulation, I found that the simulated water temperature at the bottom was much lower than the actual measured value, so I wanted to adjust the model based on the measured data on the surface, and then explore the bottom heat source. I wanted to know how to set it during the calibrate_sim process. Please use the measured water temperature of the surface layer to calibrate, or only use the measured water temperature of the bottom layer to calibrate. Do you have any suggestions?