Problem with aed2.nml running

Léo Faivre

May 22, 2023, 3:54:48 AM5/22/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hello everybody,

I'm currently facing a problem with AED2 Library. Infact hen I try to launch my simulation of GLM thanks to glmatools in R (through R studio) the following error shows and the rest of AED modules are not taken in count. Do you have any idea where does it come from and what can I do ? I also give you my parameter list attached to organic matter.
The error is also occuring with phytoplankton parameters and zooplankton parameters when i desactivate module one per one to test.
I have to admit that I'm new to R and to GLM model.

Thanks in advance for your help !

screenshot 1.pngscreenshot 2.png

matt.hipsey

May 22, 2023, 6:45:56 PM5/22/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi Leo

I must admit I have not seen the IEEE_underflow warning, so I think there is something about the numbers or characters that are being misread, or sometimes there are hidden "gremlin" characters. International keyboards can also use slightly different characters in some cases. Do you have a working example of an add nil file you can swap in for this block? From a quick look it seems OK, but you can cross check your entries with this list int he code to make sure:

Also, please note AED2 is now getting a bit outdated as GLM-AED is the current supported version for the past couple of years.
If you are not too far into your setup I would recommend using this latest version, and note also there are some examples in there. This should also work with glmR.

Let us know how you go and happy to help get you running
Best wishes
Matt

Léo Faivre

May 23, 2023, 9:34:06 AM5/23/23
to aquaticm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for your help, finally it seems that indeed my aed2.nml file had too many digits in few parameters, it's no longer the case and my simulation is working fine.
Thank you for the information about glm-aed latest version but I had some trouble at first when I tried to launch GLM with aed and notre aed2 so I finally preferred to stay on aed2. Since indeed my calibration is not began yet, i'll give it another try and find out if it's possible to use the latest AED version.
Thanks again for your help and I will tell you if I face any problem with the latest AED version.

Best wishes,

Leo.

Léo Faivre

Jun 12, 2023, 5:13:17 AM6/12/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi Matt,

As you advised me last time, I converted my AED2 configuration files to AED and used the latest version of AED. However, for Cyanobacteria, I found in the AED manual and other examples of the AED.nml file that the settling regime is set to 3 (instead of 1 as for other phyto groups). I noticed that this configuration used the PHY rho (density of the group), c1 (rate coefficient for density increase), and c3 (minimum rate of density increase) for each group configured with settling on 3.

However, I was wondering if there is an equation that links all these variables together for a better understanding of the utilization of such parameters. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the manual or the GitHub files. Do you have any idea where I could find the equation for settling options for each phytoplankton group where c1, c3, and w_p parameters are used?

Thank you in advance for your precious help.
Best wishes,

Leo.