on the use of the oxygen consumption process

Benoit chauveau

Aug 1, 2023, 9:50:11 AM8/1/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum

Hi everyone,

i am conducting a simulation in which the oxygen consumption is considered through the parameter Fsed_oxy. For that, I give him a negative value (in my example I have used -10).
My results always show a sharp  boundary between the surface layer and the bottom layer. This is in my opinion strongly artificial. Has anyone ever encountered this type of behavior? Can you confirm the artificial nature of this result? How can I get around this artifact?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben
Capture.PNG

Benoit chauveau

Aug 1, 2023, 9:51:16 AM8/1/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
in the figure, the bottom image corresponds to the oxygen profiles.