Troubleshooting AED and Phytoplanckton Equations

Léo Faivre

Jun 30, 2023, 4:02:47 AM6/30/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hello,

I have an issue with AED, and I would like to perform a sensitivity analysis on its various parameters.
Firstly, I was wondering if there are any tools available that work with the AED component of the model to perform sensitivity analysis using R. I know that glmtools works for GLM, but I didn't get the impression that it was functional for the AED part.

To conduct this analysis, I have currently been trying to do it myself by modifying the parameters one by one using R code. However, sometimes I encounter a netcdf error (see photo below). This is likely due to an incompatible parameter value with the model. Therefore, I was wondering if there are any arguments that can be added to the model to stop the simulation when this error occurs and return the problematic value, so that I can adjust it.

Also, for Cyanobacteria, I found in the AED manual and other examples of the AED.nml file that the settling regime is set to 3 (instead of 1 as for other phyto groups). I noticed that this configuration used PHY_rho (density of the group), c1 (rate coefficient for density increase), and c3 (minimum rate of density increase) coefficients for each group configured with settling on 3.

However, I was wondering if there is an equation that links all these variables together for a better understanding of the utilization of such parameters. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the manual or the GitHub files. Do you have any idea where I could find the equation for settling options for each phytoplankton group where c1, c3, and w_p parameters are used?

Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance,
Best wishes.

Léo.

Léo Faivre

Jun 30, 2023, 4:03:26 AM6/30/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Error.png