GLM ice-covered

ming li

Aug 6, 2023, 5:43:37 AM8/6/23
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
hello everybody!

I encountered some problems when learning the GLM model for the first time.

By substituting my measured meteorological data into the model (formatted with dt=86400, which includes daily temperature, shortwave radiation, cloud cover, relative humidity, average wind speed, as well as precipitation and snowfall), and assuming that there is no inflow or outflow of rivers during this period, I found that the thickness of blue_ ice in the lake.csv file has been showing an increasing trend, even though the measured data shows that there is no ice at the end of March, So I don't know how to solve this problem.
After thinking about it, I speculate that it may be a problem with meteorological data. Due to the lack of data on longwave radiation, I used cloud cover to replace it. Or is it because my meteorological data is daily average and my dt is 86400s that this phenomenon occurs? I also tried to adjust lw__Factor and sw_Factor and other values in the methodology.

Also in the lake CSV file, am I not sure if the unit of thickness for blue ice is cm or m?

The following figure shows a dt=86400s
86400.png
The following figure shows a dt=3600s
3600sdt.png