Calibrate the Kw and wind factor in R

宓辰羲

Feb 6, 2017, 10:22:38 AM2/6/17
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi all

    This time, I am working on calibrating physical variables(say,Kw, wind factor, max and min layer depth) of my glm model. I am using glmtools in R to calculate RMSE(Root Mean Square Error) for calibration, Could anyone tell me in what method can I calibrate such parameters automatically? Nowadays what I do is to change the parameter every time, then run the glm to get the water temperature, at last compare the modeled value with the observed one. Of course it takes me quite a lot of time because I have to change the parameter by hand everytime. Could anyone know how to calibrate the parameter automatically?

   Many thanks !!!

Best cheers
  Chenxi

Carolina Barbosa

Feb 6, 2017, 12:30:38 PM2/6/17
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi Chenxi,

I did it at my Master Degree. I could help you sending my Master Thesis to you, but it's in Portuguese. Do you want it? Send me your email.

宓辰羲

Feb 7, 2017, 3:04:46 AM2/7/17
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Dear Carolina:

      Thanks very much for the kind help! Definitely I really want to read your method for the calibration. Could you sent the Master Thesis to me? My email address is chen...@ufz.de. Really appreciate for your kind help!

      Many thanks

Best Cheers
  Chenxi

在 2017年2月6日星期一 UTC+1下午6:30:38,Carolina Barbosa写道:

Preetha Haque

Mar 4, 2017, 11:10:48 PM3/4/17
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Dear Carolina
I am also started may masters thesis on GLM and I am confused how to calibrate the model can you please send me your thesis too. it will be a great help if you shear it with me.
thank you

Мария Терешина

Jun 26, 2017, 2:38:47 PM6/26/17
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Dear Carolina!

Sorry to bother you again, but could you send me your thesis too? I am also working on my thesis on GLM, and I'd be really happy to see your work!

My email is sort.of....@mail.com

Thanks in advance!
Maria T.

Stephen Williams

Aug 8, 2018, 7:41:14 AM8/8/18
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Hi,

If possible could I get a copy of your thesis? I am trying to use GLM for a project of my own.

Thanks,
 Stephen

johannes....@tu-dresden.de

Sep 6, 2018, 5:39:15 AM9/6/18
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
If someone is still interested: in my Masters Thesis I calibrated GLM in R using the FME package (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/FME/index.html) and I could provide the somehow cleaned up R script..

Jack Kay

Nov 10, 2021, 8:37:06 AM11/10/21
to Aquatic Ecosystem MOdelling Network (AEMON) discussion forum
Dear Johannes,

It may be very helpful to me of your R script, which used to calibrated GLM in R with the FME package. I do not know whether it is convenient for you to share the script with me.
My email is kjwl...@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance!

Kai