Aquarium Plants Facebook

Carlrs

May 2, 2015, 8:10:54 PM5/2/15
to aquariu...@googlegroups.com
There is a group in Facebook dealing with aquarium plants where some 20 something lady comes off as an expert but in fact is a Libelous hack. Rather than debate the subject matter other present her, including some of my articles, she attacks me personally and attempts to discredit me using straw man arguments and "red Herring" diversions

If you go to this Facebook Page for information; DON'T!

If she continues her childish and libelous ways, she and her employer, a major LED seller will be hearing from my lawyer!

Here is just one comment I made that is aimed at her in my PAR/PUR article:
Another argument used to attack the science of PUR/photosynthetic action spectrum is that we can over saturate the plant or coral we are lighting by using targeted wave lengths.
This is nothing more than a "Red Herring" argument (being put out by a disrespectful employee/salesperson of a LED seller that should never have employed such a person).
The problem with this argument is we are no where near any light saturation with man made lighting. Let's apply common sense logic hear when dealing with such ludicrous arguments; if this were so, why is it we cannot go out in a boat on a reef at night with our most powerful metal halide lights and even come close to lighting to the depths and saturation the sun would provide in this same area during daylight hours??

Come on people, when persons such as this young lady come up with such ludicrous red herring arguments and refuse to do her homework and instead make disrespectful personal attacks on persons such as myself, you need to walk away and avoid those LED companies who employ such persons!

Reference:
http://www.aquarium-pond-answers.com/2012/03/pur-vs-par-in-aquarium-lighting.html

Carl

Gregg H.

May 7, 2015, 11:30:34 AM5/7/15
to aquariu...@googlegroups.com
Ouch!!

Seems like this Facebook group has no moderation.
Link?

She clearly is out of control and clueless.
She is another reason the aquarium industry is "going to hell in a handbasket"

Carlrs

May 14, 2015, 4:26:47 PM5/14/15
to aquariu...@googlegroups.com, in...@hacienda-heights.net
Yes. I believe the moderator is a young man who himself does not often know how to speak with others.

But this lady is really a piece of work!
In her world view, if person writes an article about his observations that the he can only see so far, even with w telescope from a beach on either coast of the USA, that the Earth must therefore be flat. Then say three peers agree with this person, this article is credible. While at the same time in her world view and article with much researched data and years of experience is not peer reviewed, it is not trustworthy.

This is both insulting and ludicrous!

I suppose she would also prefer a surgeon working on her that gets great peer review, despite no experience.

BTW, this article says it all as per here employer and how they stand behind their product (Build My LED)
http://aquariumopinions.com/2013/12/16/aquarium-led-warranties-reef-or-planted/

Carl