Colemak Latin-1-prefix in Aquamacs and macOS

Arturo He. Colmenero

Oct 5, 2018, 9:35:11 AM10/5/18
to aquamacs-devel
Hello,

Typing in different languages can be fun, if you master your keyboard layout.

I type in five different languages; a skill which turns into a nightmare once you have to switch between keyboard layouts and struggle with their variants. For years I had to juggle keyboard layouts in my mind and fingertips until I opted for Colemak: a very convenient keyboard layout to type in almost any language.

Now I can type without worrying about where the letters are; except when switching between macOS Applications and Aquamacs.  macOS provides only one layout of Colemak, and on Aquamacs I have the freedom to choose the exact layout I prefer : Colemak Latin-1-prefix. The difference lays on the way you insert accents and diacritics.

Does anybody know how to setup "Colemak Latin-1-prefix" in macOS?

Best Regards,
Arturo HC