XCode 11.4 seems to break the Aquamacs build

Win Treese

Mar 30, 2020, 6:04:30 PM3/30/20
to aquamacs-devel
If you’re building Aquamacs from source these days: it looks like last week’s update to Xcode (11.3) does something that breaks the build:

/bin/sh: line 1: 61445 Killed: 9 EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval "(setq max-lisp-eval-depth 2200)" --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)' -l bytecomp -f byte-compile-refresh-preloaded -f batch-byte-compile ../lisp/term/common-win.el

I ran it under the debugger, and just get a “Cannot allocate memory” error.

The same source code builds fine with XCode 11.3.

I’m reverting my build machine to 11.3 for now.

If you have any ideas about what might have gone wrong, please let me know. In the meantime, I’m going to hope that whatever the problem is affects something that causes it to get fixed.

- Win