Aquamacs 3.4 released

David Reitter

Jul 27, 2018, 11:24:17 AM7/27/18
to Emacs on Mac OS X Mailing List, aquamacs-devel
I have released Aquamacs 3.4.

Direct download:
http://aquamacs.org/download-release.shtml

Important changes compared to Aquamacs 3.3:

• Aquamacs no longer sets colors in `default-frame-alist' as a default to make customization with themes easier.
• `aquamacs-styles' has been removed. (Deprecated in version 1.6.)
• Printing at 100% uses a reasonable font size. Also, printing respects scaled font size again. Reported by Matthew Cornell.
• Scrolling with the mouse has been adjusted (less jerky, but progressive). Reported by Sam Coskey and David Poole; code contribution by Jamie Taylor.
• Bugs in version checking fixed (redirecting Wifi landing pages; menu item use).
• AUCTeX has been updated to version 12.1 (from version 11.89). This improves command completion and fixes bugs. See here for further changes: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Changes.html.
• ESS has been updated to version 17.11. See here for all new features: http://ess.r-project.org/Manual/ess.html#New-features.
• OneOnOne package (by Drew Adams) updated.

signature.asc

Jean-Christophe Helary

Jul 27, 2018, 11:33:42 AM7/27/18
to aquamacs-devel
It looks like it does not include the latest version of package.el (I patched it a while ago to fix weird pluralizations).

Jean-Christophe

David Reitter

Jul 27, 2018, 12:25:54 PM7/27/18
to aquamacs-devel
JC,

What is the revid of the patch?

- David
> --

signature.asc

David Reitter

Jul 27, 2018, 12:43:16 PM7/27/18
to aquamacs-devel
JC,

Did you push this to Emacs master?
I don’t think it got back-ported to Emacs 25.

My next task is to merge the Emacs 26 branch into Aquamacs. We will pick up your change then.

David

Jean-Christophe Helary

Jul 27, 2018, 7:30:44 PM7/27/18
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, it is in Emacs 26.

Jean-Christophe

> On Jul 28, 2018, at 1:43, David Reitter <david....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> JC,

Jean-Christophe Helary

Jul 27, 2018, 9:56:58 PM7/27/18
to aquamac...@googlegroups.com
David,

I'd like to see if I can help with the merging of Emacs 26. I'll be more available in September.

http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune