Are AQM techniques still actively used in the real world?

Harkeerat

Mar 13, 2013, 4:00:12 PM3/13/13
to aqmdos-simula...@googlegroups.com, mleo...@gmail.com
Dear all,

I am working on creating an AQM technique. I recently submitted my preliminary work (which included NS2 simulations) to a conference and it was unfortunately rejected. There were a couple of comments from the reviewers. In particular, one of them said:

An AQM solution can hardly be applied in real world. This is a known fact. Very few AQM solutions were successful, and they're generally very simple in design. The paper doesn't address much about the deployment issues, and the evaluation is purely simulations; so it's not a solid "proof of concept".

Since all of us here was working towards a similar goal, I was wondering what were your thoughts on such a comment? And if we can find some compelling points to counter this argument which can help us all.

Please suggest and thank you in advance.

Regards,
Harkeerat

Leo King

Mar 22, 2013, 5:54:41 AM3/22/13
to aqmdos-simula...@googlegroups.com, mleo...@gmail.com
Hi buddy,

My suggestion is that you can have a look at recent publications on AQM algorithms. You can learn how them describe the importance of the AQM algorithms.

'The paper doesn't address much about the deployment issues' is the core argument in the review you provided I think. The reviewer believe you need to do some real experiments in addition to existing simulations to further improve the paper.

Harkeerat Bedi

Mar 30, 2013, 4:16:28 AM3/30/13
to aqmdos-simula...@googlegroups.com, mleo...@gmail.com
Dear Leo King,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I am planning to extend my AQM technique so that it can be implemented using the Click modular routing framework. This will give me the ability to test my AQM on public testbeds like DeterLab. Do you think this is a good plan? Please suggest.

Thank you.

Regards,
Harkeerat Bedi

--
Message sent from the "AQM&DoS Simulation Platform" group.
---