hello,need for help

abra...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 11:28:50 PM2/27/13
to aqmdos-simula...@googlegroups.com
I want to identify between the legitimate and non-legitimate (normal and attacker )  traffics but i don't know the methods or the possible algorithms to differentiate between the two types of traffic? please  help me to differentiate the two types of traffics.?

amir heydary

Feb 28, 2013, 5:04:16 AM2/28/13
to aqmdos-simula...@googlegroups.com
Hi abra.
normal traffic uses TCP  and attacker traffic uses UDP.
because almost traffics in the internet are HTTP ,FTP, Email and ... that all of them
use TCP protocol. DoS attacker send a lot of udp packets to victim. because UDP do not have congestion control mechanism.
if you want to differentiate the two types of traffics , then you follow :
1) detect translation protocol.
2) get or calculate rate of senders and compare with normal rate.
3) check link buffer to find or prevent congestion.