Update published repo without the original local repo

Gabriel Boucher

Mar 30, 2023, 4:36:29 PM3/30/23
to aptly-discuss
I am looking at ways to host an internal debian repo on S3 and publish new packages from a CI/CD pipeline. To make things simpler, I would like to avoid having to keep a local repository cached on the automation system.

As far as I can see, to update a repo published to S3, you have to either (1) keep a copy of the local repo around or (2) rebuild a local repo by importing it from a mirror, add the new packages and then republish the whole thing to S3.

Is there another way that would not involve rebuilding a local repo and more importantly not re-download and re-upload the whole thing from and to S3?

Gabriel