RSVP for brief tour of Regenstrief during CSM (2/6)

Daniel Vreeman

Jan 15, 2015, 12:40:15 PM1/15/15
to aptat...@googlegroups.com, Theresa Pritchard
Hi everyone -

I'm excited to see many of you here in Indianapolis for CSM. Several people have asked about getting a brief tour and overview of the Regenstrief Institute while you're in our neck of the woods.

Regenstrief is nonprofit research organization focused on improving healthcare through research and development in biomedical informatics, health services, and aging. I'll be happy to share more about our projects and training (fellowship) opportunities, particularly our work in informatics. Some highlights include:
  • Global health informatics, e.g. developing open source EMR and health exchange software used in underserved settings around the world
  • Health data standards used in every corner of the planet (and even coming soon to the APTA PT Outcomes Registry)
  • The largest health information exchange in the U.S. that forms a massive population database...not just "big data", but "humongous data"
  • An innovative computerized physician order entry system used in our county hospital
  • and more!
We're planning to depart from the Westin Indianapolis at 1:15pm on Friday February 6, and then return by 2:45pm. (This is during the unopposed exhibit hall hours). Lunch will be provided.

If you'd like to join us, you must RSVP to Theresa Pritchard <tmpr...@regenstrief.org> by Thurs Jan 22.
(Please indicate if you have any specific meal requirements).

Space is limited to the first 20 people who reply.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

--
Thanks,

Daniel J. Vreeman, PT, DPT, MSc
Associate Research Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine
Research Scientist, Regenstrief Institute, Inc