Next Tech SIG Open Mic Night Sep 17

Robert Latz

Sep 8, 2014, 10:47:33 AM9/8/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com, hpa-...@yahoogroups.com

Hello.

We will hold our next Tech SIG 'open mic' call on Wednesday, Sep 17. The details are below. If you have the opportunity, please join in the discussion.

An initial agenda is provided below for review. Even so, please send any topics you would like to share with the group. We will also plan to open the mic for additional topics as well.

Talk with you soon...and thanks again.

Who: Open to all APTA Tech SIG members --or member wannabe's

What: Conference Call Meeting for APTA HPA Section Tech SIG

Agenda outline:

1)     Update on Tech SIG and HPA section (by our Chair, Steve Wilkinson)

2)     TechnoPalooza2 at CSM Update (by Bob Latz and Beth Ennis)

3)     EMR Data Set Update

a)     CARE Tool Set Data elements and the IMPACT Act of 2014

b)    APTA project update

4)     Open discussion Topic: Military Electronic Medical Record and possible Implications for Physical Therapy

a)     Military moving to ‘off the shelf’ EMR

b)    “Interoperable, commercial EHR technology”

c)     “allow data sharing with VA and other healthcare Providers”

d)    XP to Win 7

e)     $11.8 billion dollar value

f)     Current vendors with plans:

a.     Epic partner with IBM

b.    Allscripts with HP and CSC

c.     PWC with DSS, MedSphere, and General Dynamics

5)     Open topics and upcoming activities

a.     Are you presenting/writing/involved with activity related to Technology and Physical Therapy? If so, would you share with everyone?

WhenWednesday, September 17, 2014 at 5:30p PST (which is 6:30p MST; 7:30p CST; and 8:30p EST)

Where: Conference call and we will have a webinar set up in case we need to go to anyone's screen to look at documents of any kind.

How:  For the audio portion (or if you can only attend by audio), call 805-309-0010 and use access code of 265-330-245

For the webinar portion or to listen via VOIP, use the following link:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/265330245

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.

Robert "Bob" Latz, PT, DPT, CHCIO
CIO
Trinity Rehabilitation Services

Robert Latz

Sep 15, 2014, 1:03:14 PM9/15/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com, hpa-...@yahoogroups.com
Just a reminder of our Tech SIG call on Wednesday evening. We are looking forward to talking with everyone. For call in information, please see the info below which was also sent on Sep 8.

Robert Latz

Sep 17, 2014, 8:11:10 PM9/17/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com, hpa-...@yahoogroups.com
Hello.
Final reminder for our Tech SIG Open Mic call scheduled for tonight...in ~20 minutes.
Join if you can.
Thank you!