Burning Question - Cell Phone Use and Reimbursement in Clinical Settings

Tina

Mar 13, 2014, 8:05:08 PM3/13/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com
One of our members proposed the topic of our next Burning Question. Please take the time to answer this brief survey by clicking on the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3VXKVNT.  If you have trouble with the link, please copy and paste it into your address bar.  We will keep this Burning Question open for the next 2 weeks.  Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.

If you have a burning question you would like answered, please let us know.

Thank you,
Tina P. Gunaldo
HPA The Catalyst
Treasurer

Tim Richardson

May 28, 2014, 3:58:43 PM5/28/14
to aptatechsig
Dear group,

Will there be a Tech SIG meeting at APTA NEXT in Charlotte?  If not, can a few of us meet informally to brainstorm?

Is there a membership list?  My thought is that Charlotte could be a great way to meet and recruit new members to the Tech SIG?

Sorry if I'm repeating old ideas since I may be out of the loop.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Richardson, PT

Success Coach
Fyzical, LLC

Get Tim's new book Bulletproof Expert Systems: Clinical Decision Support for Physical Therapists in the Outpatient Setting at http://bit.ly/BulletproofBook for 40% off the retail price.

LinkedIn profile:http://linkd.in/zPc0EH
Twitter handle:https://twitter.com/#!/timrichpt
Skype name:TimRichPT
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/timrichpt

Tim blogs on patient and professional advocacy at www.PhysicalTherapyDiagnosis.com

Alan Lee

May 28, 2014, 4:00:49 PM5/28/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I would be happy to meet up to discuss updates from the telehealth FiRST (Frontiers in Rehabilitation Science and Technology), Alan Lee

May 28, 2014, 4:45:51 PM5/28/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com

Good idea.  I would also like to continue some discussion of an EMR standard data set…Gail Altekruse

Paul Potter

Tim Richardson

May 29, 2014, 8:31:15 PM5/29/14
to aptatechsig

Ditto on the data set - very hot topic!
Tim

Robert Latz

Jun 2, 2014, 2:37:33 PM6/2/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
A couple of thoughts...
A) Although it is great to hear an interest in a formal Tech SIG meeting at the upcoming NEXT conference, CSM each year is where we currently hold the annual Tech SIG meeting. Further, Steve (Tech SIG Chair), Beth (Tech SIG Vice Chair), and myself (Tech SIG Secretary) are not able to be at this conference. Even so, we definitely ENCOURAGE any kind of informal meeting and discussion around the topics of Technology and Physical Therapy...and Tim, thanks for raising this idea.
B) We will have an 'open mic' meeting on Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 8:30p EST which is 7:30p CST; 6:30p MST; and :30p PST. Our thoughts are that this call might address some of the recent questions here, might introduce some 'Tech related' happenings in our industries, and might initiate some discussions for further follow up by anyone who is able to attend the NEXT conference.
C)  Finally, we are looking for individuals from other sections to present one of a series of 15-20 minute presentation at CSM, which are then followed by a panel discussion including Tech SIG members. If you, or anyone you know is in one of the following sections, is up to date with technology happenings related to their section, and would be willing to present in this kind of format, please share their name.
This might help: We are planning a 'mini TechnoPalooza' of sorts. This would basically be two educational sessions (we are hoping back to back) with 15-20 minutes per presentation. Each session would be followed by a short panel discussion with the Tech SIG leadership and the presenters. We also expect to have a 'room next door' for the day, where we can hold informal meetings or further demonstrate something from the presentation. We have the time slots and are now just wanting to further coordinate some of the speakers--and what better group to begin this discussion with than the Tech SIG? So, please share your thoughts. Current planned Sections are as follows:
1) Orthopedics
2) Sports Medicine
3) Geriatrics
4) Women's Health
5) Pediatrics
6) Home Health
7) Acute Care
8) Education
9) Health Policy and Administration (Tech SIG panel will be involved here)

Please send an email to Rober...@gmail.com if you will be attending the call on Thursday and/or if you are interested in this kind of call on a 1x/month or 1x/2 month basis in the future. Also, send an email here if you have names for the above described presentations.

Thank you.
Bob

Robert "Bob" Latz, PT, DPT, CHCIO
CIO
Trinity Health Systems/Trinity Rehabilitation Services

Kathleen Figetakis

Jun 2, 2014, 9:11:20 PM6/2/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob

I can come to the call Thursday, thank you for organizing it.

Kathleen

Kathleen Figetakis
Sent from my iPhone

Tim Richardson

Jun 4, 2014, 9:39:55 AM6/4/14
to aptatechsig
Bob,

I've put the call on my agenda - will we have a GoToWebinar invite?

Thanks,

Tim

Robert Latz

Jun 5, 2014, 12:12:29 AM6/5/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I will send the webinar and call information early tomorrow

Sent from my iPad

Robert Latz

Jun 5, 2014, 10:58:39 AM6/5/14
to aptat...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tim,
Would you be willing to discuss arranging an informal meeting while at the NEXT conference? I am hoping so and even put you on the agenda doing such but if not, I can begin the discussion.
Thank you.
Bob

Robert "Bob" Latz, PT, DPT, CHCIO
CIO
Trinity Health Systems/Trinity Rehabilitation Services

Tim Richardson

Jun 5, 2014, 12:02:14 PM6/5/14
to aptatechsig
Hi Robert,

I'd be happy to host an informal meeting - I fly out late Friday evening so maybe we could try to meet Friday at 4:30 or 5pm?  Oxford Debate starts at 5:30pm (I think) and I'd hate to compete against that.

Tim

Robert Latz