Join our next Tech SIG Open Mic Night

Robert Latz

Nov 3, 2015, 8:21:46 AM11/3/15
to aptat...@googlegroups.com, hpa-...@yahoogroups.com, Robin Childers

Hello.

We will hold our next Tech SIG 'Open Mic' call on Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:30p EST with a focus topic on "Wearable Technology in Physical Therapy: An Introduction". The details to join the call are provided below along with an initial agenda.

Dr. Beth Ennis, Dr. Steve Wilkinson, and Dr. Robert Latz will lead the discussion on this topic during the first 1/2 hour of our call. If you have the opportunity, please join our discussion and share your questions and comments. This is a great opportunity to either 'get up to speed' or add a depth of knowledge related to this very important and relevant topic.

As mentioned, an initial agenda is provided below for review. Even so, please send any topics you would like to add to the agenda and share with the group. After the focus portion of the call and the agenda items below, we will go 'around the group' for very brief updates on additional IT related topics which you are involved.

Talk with you soon...and thanks again for planning to join this call.

Who: Open to all APTA Tech SIG members, member wannabe's, or friends of members (Note: Due to GoToMeeting structure, the call is limited to the first 25 participants)

What: Conference Call Meeting for APTA HPA the Catalyst Tech SIG

When: Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:30p EST ( which is 7:30p CST; 6:30p MST; 5:30p PST)

Where: Conference call and webinar to go to anyone's screen to look at documents of any kind.

How:  For the audio portion call 408-650-3112 and use access code of 847-974-861

For the webinar portion and/or to listen via VOIP, use the following link:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/847974861

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.

Agenda outline:

1)    Wearable Technology in Physical Therapy: An Introduction with interactive discussion

Tonight is your opportunity to ask questions and get answers related to Wearable Technology in Physical Therapy. We will review the various categories of Wearables, discuss how some of these might be utilized, and share some of the latest news items related to Wearables in healthcare and Physical Therapy. We will also share a bit more about our CSM Pre-Conference course with "Hands on Learning" with wearables.

2) Recent info from APTA and HPA (by our Tech SIG Chair, Steve Wilkinson and Bob Latz)

3) Update on Technology Workgroup of Kentucky SIM project--in case others get involved in your state SIMprocess (by Tech SIG Vice Chair, Beth Ennis)

4)   Open discussion Topics (Moderated by our Tech SIG Secretary, Bob Latz):

a)   Post Acute Care Final Rules (and related to Quality Measures and the IMPACT Act)

b)   Meaningful Use 3 Final Rule Thoughts

c) Wearable Technology Pre-Con Course and Educational Sessions

d) Medication 'container' Technology (medication compliance is highly related to readmission)

e) Recent Interoperability agreement among EHR  vendors

f) Walgreen and Rite Aid. Will this influence electronic referrals to Physical Therapy?

5)     Open topics and upcoming activities

a.     Are you presenting/writing/involved with activity related to Technology and Physical Therapy? If so, would you share with everyone? Send a note so we can share and direct the mic

Robert "Bob" Latz, PT, DPT, CHCIO
CIO
Trinity Rehabilitation Services

Robert Latz

Nov 9, 2015, 7:52:31 PM11/9/15
to aptat...@googlegroups.com, hpa-...@yahoogroups.com, Robin Childers
Hello.
Just a reminder of our Open Mic Call tomorrow night on Wearable Technology in Physical Therapy. See below for further details.
Thanks,