Recent Updates on TeleHealth in Physical Therapy Tech SIG Open Mic Night April 8

Robert Latz

Mar 27, 2015, 8:44:27 AM3/27/15
to aptat...@googlegroups.com

Hello.

We will hold our next Tech SIG 'open mic' call on Wednesday, April 8 at 8:30p EST with a focus topic on recent activities in TeleHealth Physical Therapy. The details to join the call are provided below. We have two outstanding leaders in TeleHealth to lead this interactive discussion during the first half hour of the call. If you have the opportunity, please join in the discussion and share your questions. This is a great chance to either 'get up to speed' or add to the depth of knowledge related to this quickly advancing Physical Therapy work setting.

An initial agenda is provided below for review. Even so, please send any topics you would like to add to the agenda and share with the group. After the focus portion of the call, we will go around the group for very brief updates on additional topics.

Talk with you soon...and thanks again for join the call.

Who: Open to all APTA Tech SIG members, member wannabe's, or friends of members (Note: Due to GoToMeeting structure, the call is limited to the first 25 participants)

What: Conference Call Meeting for APTA HPA the Catalyst Tech SIG

When: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 8:30p EST ( which is 7:30p CST; 6:30p MST; 5:30p PST)

Where: Conference call and we will have a webinar set up in case we need to go to anyone's screen to look at documents of any kind.

How:  For the audio portion call 408-650-3112 and use access code of 847-974-861

For the webinar portion and/or to listen via VOIP, use the following link:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/847974861

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.

Agenda outline:

1)    Recent updates in TeleHealth Physical Therapy: An interactive discussion and website exploration

Travel with Alan Lee and Chris Peterson will as they traverse a few websites to share the very latest updates related to TeleHealth and Physical Therapy

Ask questions along the way...and get answers

Learn from these two APTA and Tech SIG leaders and representatives (both have published and presented on TeleHealth and Physical Therapy. Each one represents APTA and our Tech SIG as they work with the American TeleHealth Association and other organizations to make sure we, as PTs and PTAs, are recognized in this rising 'sector' of healthcare.

2) Recent info from APTA and HPA (by our Chair, Steve Wilkinson)

3) Tech SIG Resource Compilation Project update (by Vice Chair, Beth Ennis)

4) Pediatric Mobility Project Update (by Beth Ennis)

5)     Open discussion Topics (Moderated by Bob Latz):

a)   TechnoPalooza Pre-Con: Focus on Wearable Technology and CSM Educational Session proposals

b)   Meaningful Use 3 Draft

c) ONC Interoperability Focus

d) IMPACT Act Update related to Outcome Standards in Post-Acute Care

e) HIMSS Conference in Chicago April 12-16...Awesome exhibit hall, if you have the opportunity

5)     Open topics and upcoming activities

a.     Are you presenting/writing/involved with activity related to Technology and Physical Therapy? If so, would you share with everyone? Send a note so we can share and direct the mic

Robert "Bob" Latz, PT, DPT, CHCIO
CIO
Trinity Rehabilitation Services