Job not getting executed in k8s

Mihirraj Dixit

Oct 7, 2020, 10:36:21 PM10/7/20
to APScheduler
Hi everyone, currently using apscheduler for scheduling the jobs with jobstore as redis.

When I test in local, it works perfectly.

When I create a docker container and run it as a pod in kubernetes,
it is able to schedule the job but it is not able to execute it.
I have set the timezone as JST also.

Log:
[2020-10-08 11:28:36,193] - {polling_service.py:polling:137} - DEBUG - send_to_kafka (trigger: date[2020-10-08 11:28:43 JST], next run at: 2020-10-08 11:28:43 JST)

Technically, it should trigger the send to kafka function and print text inside it at 11:28:43 JST time, but its not triggering it.

Pratik Dani

Oct 8, 2020, 2:31:09 PM10/8/20
to APScheduler
I think I understand this issue I have faced an issue similar to this. I need to know one more thing before just to make sure that it is the same problem that I faced. Can note the time difference of the trigger (when it triggered and when it was supposed to trigger). As per my assumption, it will trigger after 23 mins or so (you can try by running as backdate). I want to know the time difference that's it.

Alex Grönholm

Oct 8, 2020, 5:40:30 PM10/8/20
to apsch...@googlegroups.com

Can you share more of the debug logs? The scheduler prints a fair number of lines when the logging module is configured for the DEBUG level.