ISS APRX iGATE

wojtek...@gmail.com

May 9, 2021, 6:09:14 AM5/9/21
to Aprx software
Hello guys.

I'm looking for settings to run APRX as ISS APRS iGATE.
I want receive only digipeated packets via ISS and show it on APRS-IS.

Someone can help me?

Max Harper

May 9, 2021, 6:29:44 AM5/9/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
For receive only the setting are the same as for a terrestrial station. Just change the frequency on the radio.

Max KG4PID

Danny

May 9, 2021, 6:30:22 AM5/9/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just use an RX iGate config as in the APRX manual and tune to 145.825 MHz. That’s it. :-)

73 de PD2WR Danny

wojtek...@gmail.com

May 9, 2021, 7:08:33 AM5/9/21
to Aprx software
Yes, but it will show on APRS-IS only digipeated data? I think when i will send packet to ISS this was be received by iGATE without repeat by ISS...

Danny

May 9, 2021, 8:15:52 AM5/9/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok. You should filter out direct received packets around your RX iGate I think, but APRX doesn’t support that yet if I’m correct. If the RX iGate receives packets from the ISS APRX would send it to the APRS server. It could also be that your RX iGate receiver blocks when you start transmitting. I would try first to only RX to see if packets will be send to the APRS server.

Btw, I’m certainly not an APRX expert, so I'd love to hear if I'm wrong.

Max Harper

May 9, 2021, 9:11:18 AM5/9/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Keep your antenna low so you only receive packets that have been digi'ed by the ISS.

Max KG4PID

wojtek...@gmail.com

May 9, 2021, 2:58:42 PM5/9/21
to Aprx software
It wouldn't work when i will start sending packets 10m away from iGate...

安田聖

May 11, 2021, 5:24:12 AM5/11/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
wojtek and All,

 ISS packet mode is off now (from  7 May.).
Try again after mid June.

MJ Inabnit

May 12, 2021, 2:42:52 PM5/12/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com

I've snipped a bit out of my aprx.conf file below. You should be able
to turn off digipeat by putting a #mark in front of it. Same with
beacon. Hope this is helpful. Make sure to RESTART aprx after the
changes and test it.

<digipeater>
transmitter $mycall
<source>
source $mycall
relay-type digipeated
</source>

<source>
source APRSIS
relay-type third-party
via-path WIDE2-2
msg-path WIDE2-2
</source>
</digipeater>

GL & 73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken

Aaron Johnson

May 12, 2021, 2:42:55 PM5/12/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com

I am new to Aprx myself, but would it be possible to use a filter like “filter d/ARISS/NA1ISS/RS0ISS” in the <aprsis> section to achieve the goal?

Thanks,

Aaron

From: <aprx-s...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of 安田聖 <7m3...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 4:24 AM
To: <aprx-s...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Aprx] ISS APRX iGATE

wojtek and All,

Kenneth Finnegan

May 12, 2021, 2:44:17 PM5/12/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
APRX doesn't support filtering on packets getting I-gated. I don't
agree with the APRS satellite entourage that packets only count if
they show up on APRS-IS as digipeated.
--
Kenneth Finnegan
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aprx-software/E446899A-4F35-4B58-986D-6367DD2C99DA%40gmail.com.

Yono Adisoemarta

May 12, 2021, 10:54:46 PM5/12/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
As there is no such feature (I did ask last year) , I resort to recompile the aprx binary to drop packets with ARISS.
Find the lines (there are 3) with N0CALL, and copy it then replace N0CALL with ARISS.

73 de Yono - YD0NXX

Sent from my iPhone

Patrick Domack

May 13, 2021, 12:21:02 AM5/13/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
this will not work.

aprx o lyrics filters what it receives from aprsis servers
not what it sends to aprsis servers.