I have a problem with this; [Unsupported packet format]

Altan Gökalp

Jan 23, 2021, 1:34:16 PM1/23/21
to Aprx software
Hi everybody,
Can you help me please?
My i-gate don't like some packets.
You see on picture; my station id YM4KFE

Altan.
ym4kfe.PNG

Max Harper

Jan 24, 2021, 9:39:08 PM1/24/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
What kind of tnc are you using? How far away is YM4KFT?
Maybe the problem is on YM4KFT's end and not yours.

Max KG4PID

Patrick Domack

Jan 24, 2021, 10:33:38 PM1/24/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Issue could be on YM4KFT end, but unlikely with all the other packets
coming through fine.
If there was an rf issue the crc would have failed and the packet
wouldn't be *truncated*

Maybe your PLXDigi firmware is outdated and has a bug? or the new
version has the bug. Looks like TB4DSC is using the same device
without the problem.

Quoting 'Max Harper' via Aprx software <aprx-s...@googlegroups.com>:

> What kind of tnc are you using? How far away is YM4KFT?Maybe the
> problem is on YM4KFT's end and not yours.
> Max KG4PID
> On Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:34:17 PM CST, Altan Gökalp
> <altan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,Can you help me please?My i-gate don't like some
> packets.You see on picture; my station id YM4KFE
> Altan.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aprx-software/d910486c-97d6-4141-b787-97b629c089ccn%40googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aprx-software/1827384281.1928140.1611542343536%40mail.yahoo.com.

Max Harper

Jan 24, 2021, 11:05:09 PM1/24/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't rule anything out. I asked about the tnc because a Kantronics with passall turned on can cause this problem.

Max KG4PID

On Sunday, January 24, 2021, 09:33:39 PM CST, Patrick Domack <patr...@patrickdk.com> wrote:

Issue could be on YM4KFT end, but unlikely with all the other packets
coming through fine.
If there was an rf issue the crc would have failed and the packet
wouldn't be *truncated*

Maybe your PLXDigi firmware is outdated and has a bug? or the new
version has the bug. Looks like TB4DSC is using the same device
without the problem.

Quoting 'Max Harper' via Aprx software <aprx-s...@googlegroups.com>:

> What kind of tnc are you using? How far away is YM4KFT?Maybe the
> problem is on YM4KFT's end and not yours.
> Max KG4PID
>    On Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:34:17 PM CST, Altan Gökalp
> <altan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi everybody,Can you help me please?My i-gate don't like some
> packets.You see on picture; my station id YM4KFE
> Altan.
>

> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aprx-software/d910486c-97d6-4141-b787-97b629c089ccn%40googlegroups.com.
>

> --

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aprx-software/20210124223334.Horde.A1YQIxZgqEW5p7BL91Lk7Rt%40mail.patrickdk.com.

Altan Gökalp

Jan 25, 2021, 3:54:41 AM1/25/21
to Aprx software
I use  Kenneth W. Finnegan, W6KWF: Aprx 's tnc (arduino), and openwrt on the modem
Problem with tnc. I have another digipeater's packets too.
Sometimes everythings good, sometimes problem like on the picture.
I think the source of the problem is software but I don't know very well

Max Harper

Jan 25, 2021, 8:43:44 AM1/25/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
I'll bet that a different tnc would fix your problem. It's not aprx that's the problem here. It's just acting on the data it's receiving.

Max KG4PID