ddmm.mm lat/long format converter

Karel Jennings

Oct 16, 2020, 12:13:06 AM10/16/20
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

Well, I broke my raspberry pi and had to replace the memory card, and reconfigure a fresh APRX.

I've been having trouble converting from Degrees minutes seconds, or decimal degrees to this cursed ddmm.mm format that the APRX config uses.

Have googled around, but never found a converter that works, so last time I did it by trial and error.

How do I derive a ddmm.mm lat/long from something like google maps or APRS.fi, which both give degrees,minutes,seconds? Any tips?

Thanks,

Karel VE3KJX

Mohd Hamid Misnan

Oct 16, 2020, 12:32:03 AM10/16/20
to Aprx software
The easiest, go to aprs.fi and change your unit of measurement from your setting.

Patrick Domack

Oct 16, 2020, 12:34:20 AM10/16/20
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
You just divide by 60

60 seconds in a min, 60 min in a degree.

Karel Jennings

Oct 16, 2020, 2:34:00 AM10/16/20
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I didn't realize that was an option. :)