Receive only config

ku...@kuhlroad.net

Feb 11, 2022, 2:47:02 PM2/11/22
to Aprx software
I'm using this config:

mycall  KR2C-1

<aprsis>
        passcode        *****
        server          rotate.aprs2.net
</aprsis>

<interface>
        ax25-device     $mycall
</interface>

However it doesn't seem to work.  I cant's see APRX reaching out to rotate.aprs2.net in the aprx.log file.

Also aprx-rf.log shows no activity.  These values are the same as when I run in digipeater mode and that seems to work.

Any suggestions?

-Kurt, KR2C

Max Harper

Feb 11, 2022, 3:57:25 PM2/11/22
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
My aprx digi/igate isn't running running (not an aprx problem but a radio issue) so I can't test at the moment. Is aprx actually running, or did get a error and stop. There are some diagnostics within aprx, something like -d,-dd etc. Look in the manual for it. Make it happy first! I know this hasn't been much help. Once it's running, most tend to forget about it, because it just works.

If you fail to get it working in a few days I'll fire up my Pi4 with aprx on it and try to help you more.

Max KG4PID

Petteri Vainionpää

Feb 12, 2022, 6:49:47 PM2/12/22
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
you can try to run aprx from command line with debug mode with command "aprx -d"

This is what my igates start of conf looks like, how is yout radio config done, the device? You have to specify on what com-port/usb etc there is data coming from radio/tnc..?

mycall  OH6RDB
myloc lat 6304.27N lon 02143.18E
<aprsis>
         passcode 20154
         server 85.188.1.129
         filter "m/80"           # My-Range filter: positions within 80 km from                                             my location
</aprsis>

<logging>
rflog    /var/log/aprx/aprx-rf.log
aprxlog /var/log/aprx/aprx.log
</logging>

<interface>
        serial-device /dev/ttyS0  19200  8n1  KISS
        tx-ok           true
</interface>

With best regards,
Petteri Vainionpää
OH6PV / OH6GZT
pet...@vainionpaa.info
Tel +358452004337

Ei viruksia. www.avast.com

Max Harper

Feb 12, 2022, 8:19:40 PM2/12/22
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Petteri, the only thing I would change is the range filter. In this configuration it isn't needed. Unless you are reverse igating a packet from the aprsis to rf, aprx isn't going to do anything with the data except log it. The aprsis will send packets back to the client (aprx) of stations that have been received by you anyway, for a period of time. It's for messaging purposes. I've seen that time be hours, maybe it's a configuration setting in the server software. Any extra data is a waste of bandwidth on the aprsis servers. Since I'm not the one paying for the servers network connection, I try to keep the data to a minimum, but that's just me.

Kurt, you did setup the axports file didn't you?

73 Max KG4PID