Getting TNC out of KISS mode

nw.jo...@ieee.org

Oct 11, 2020, 1:01:07 PM10/11/20
to Aprx software
I am using aprx 2.9.0 with an Argent data OT2, connected by USB to a Raspberry pi running  Pi OS and running in KISS mode.

Sometimes it works for a while and stops. I assume it is a protocol mishap that is not getting resolved correctly. Right now I can't get it to pass data to the APRS-IS at all. If I use the verbose option I get no output to the terminal window when I send a packet from my HT So I want to use minicom to access the config of the OT2 and diagnose.

Problem is the OT2  is stuck in KISS mode (I assume). OK, I could just reset it, but this is happening often and the OT2 is five floors above my condo, the elevator is not working, and I have bad knees!

I found somewhere that  dec 192,255,192 is KISS protocol to exit KISS mode. I wrote a C program to send the above, but no luck, still no response.  Has anybody encountered this and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Nigel VE3ID

MJ Inabnit

Oct 11, 2020, 1:21:26 PM10/11/20
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com, nw.jo...@ieee.org

I attached the perl script I found a few years ago to yank my KPC3 out
of kiss mode. Worked like a charm.

good luck!
73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken
kiss_off.pl

Bill Vodall

Oct 16, 2020, 10:40:01 AM10/16/20
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Argent used three control-c to exit kiss mode instead of the documented standard of 255,192,255