I know nothing, and need guidance after pre-build install

Keri Varela

Jun 27, 2021, 1:04:21 PM6/27/21
to Aprx software
I am running a RPi2b.   I did the install of the pre-build debs 2.9.0 on the pi.   My lack of knowledge on raspbian is very abundant.  I know nothing of non windows.   would anyone have a APRX for dummies page for the extra special (me)?   I can not even find it in the window to start the software, let alone where to set up stuff.

Pretty please be gentle.   LOL   (I am good humored on my lack of knowledge.)

Thanks all,
Keri
N2KNK

Bill Arthur

Jun 28, 2021, 11:22:50 PM6/28/21
to Aprx software
Email sent.

Andrew Pepper

Jul 1, 2021, 8:02:08 PM7/1/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com

If you installed using the .deb it'll probably be already running using the call "N0CALL".

Go to the terminal and type <tail -f /var/log/aprx/aprx-rf.log> you'll probably see activity from  the APRSIS server it connected to.

<sudo /etc/init.d/aprx stop> or <sudo /etc/init.d/aprx start>  will stop and start the service.

<sudo nano /etc/aprx.conf> is the file you want to edit to change your location and call etc.

There are a few aprx.conf files floating around online that can be googled to use as good examples to base yours off of. It depends on what you are looking to setup.

Andrew
K1YMI / GM1YMI