Rx iGate up

Liberty Cave

Jan 3, 2022, 1:19:35 PM1/3/22
to Aprx software
By reading some of your posts here I was able to get an Rx iGate running last night. I am in Cave Junction Oregon and plan to get TX iGate functioning today.

I am going to read up on the pros and cons of also Digirepeating. I am not sure it makes sense if you have an RX Tx iGate running.

Thanks to all who have done the hard work of making APRX possible.

MJ Inabnit

Jan 3, 2022, 2:16:28 PM1/3/22
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com

Outstanding Richard,

That is an area that REALLY needed a gateway. I recommend digipeating,
it lets mobiles know there IS a node hearing them.

BTW, I run the Igate here in Eureka.

Thank you for getting a fill in that part of Oregon!

73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken

Liz

Jan 3, 2022, 10:18:02 PM1/3/22
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 09:32:17 -0800 (PST)
Liberty Cave <richardjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to read up on the pros and cons of also Digirepeating. I
> am not sure it makes sense if you have an RX Tx iGate running.

Keep reading, because I think you have some concepts confused.
The documentation for most APRS programs has been been written by
computer programmers, and are very difficult to understand for ordinary
English speakers (me included) ;)

If your APRX system receives a packet, ask it to retransmit the packet
(according the rules which lead to exhaustion of the packet) AND send
it to aprs servers.

That's Digipeating (in the first part of the instructions)

You can also transmit from aprs servers to your local area. This can be
messages, or items like weather warnings.

Once your transmitter is ready, post your aprx.conf here and experts
will check it for you.

Liz
VK2XSE