aprx + Docker

2E0SIP

Feb 2, 2023, 7:58:52 AM2/2/23
to Aprx software
Hi,

I'm attempting to get aprx running inside Docker however nothing is sent to APRS-IS, however If I run aprx directly on the host with the same config file it works as expected.

I've tried setting the networking mode to "host" but the issue remains. Nothing obvious is showing in the logs.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing some dependency or something?

Thanks
Matthew
2E0SIP

2E0SIP

Feb 2, 2023, 2:43:56 PM2/2/23
to Aprx software
I've had a couple of responses off-list, not sure if this was intentional or not but hopefully the following answers the questions:

Dockerfile:

    FROM debian:buster-slim

    RUN apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && \
        apt-get install -y wget openssl && \
        apt-get clean && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* /var/tmp/* /tmp/*

    RUN ARCH=$(uname -m) && \
        if [ "$ARCH" = "armv7l" ] ; then DEB=aprx_2.9.0_raspi.deb ; else DEB=aprx_2.9.0_amd64.deb ; fi && \
        wget --inet4-only -O /tmp/aprx.deb https://thelifeofkenneth.com/aprx/debs/$DEB && \
        dpkg -i /tmp/aprx.deb

    CMD ["aprx", "-f", "/etc/aprx.conf", "-v", "-dd", "-L"]

docker-compose.yml - (I've tried with / without privileged and network_mode: host)

    version: "3.2"
    services:
      aprx:
        image: marrold/docker-aprx:dev
        container_name: aprx
        restart: unless-stopped
        devices:
          - /dev/ttyACM0
        volumes:
          - ./aprx.conf:/etc/aprx.conf
        network_mode: "host"
        privileged: true

One observation is I don't see any DNS requests or APRS-IS traffic leave the container. If I use an IP rather than domain for APRS-IS it still doesn't seem to connect. Note that I can dig / ping / etc from inside the container without any issues.

Thanks
Matthew
2E0SIP

John Gorkos

Feb 2, 2023, 3:07:25 PM2/2/23
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com

Can you paste your aprx.conf, please?

OpenPGP_0xA4025CE04AE176ED_and_old_rev.asc
OpenPGP_signature